Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Website DVR Manager and iOS apps do not recognize replacement DVR box

Regular Visitor

Website DVR Manager and iOS apps do not recognize replacement DVR box

I've seen this similar problem posted by other users, and I'm hoping someone can help me as well. 

I received a replacement RNG200N box yesterday, to replace my first replacement box (large clunky gray motorola) of a previous RNG200 box. After 4 hours, the telephone activation crew was able to get the box working and the guide eventually loaded and DVR works through the box onscreen controls only.

I've been trying with no luck to access the DVR manager from my iphone, ipad, and the xfinity website. My ios applications give me a "request error - an unknown error has occurred during this request. please try again" error when I try to "test this TV". The website DVR manager gets hung up on "syncing in process" and then tells me that it cannot detect a compatible device within my household. I find this hard to believe, since I'm nearly certain I had the same box previously and had no issues.

After spending 72 minutes on the phone with on my 7th call to tech support last night, until 11:45 pm, the customer service agent tells me that I've been sent an incompatible device. Still finding this hard to believe, for reasons mentioned above.

All of this was after I had to explain to two separate techs before they put a "supervisor" on the phone that I'm not having an issue with my remote control, but rather the "MyDVR" feature. The first two techs had no idea what this service was. Unbelievable!

I'm really hoping you can help, as I'm thoroughly frustrated at this point and not enjoying a drop in service after my rates just escalated $30/month.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation