Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Web Site TV name

ANSWERED
New Poster

Web Site TV name

I got a new cable box and want to identify it on the My Services so I know what each box is. I have names for all my other boxes, cuch as kitchen TV etc, but do not know how to update the names one can add on to the box.

Accepted Solution

Re: Web Site TV name

JM-PHL wrote: ... I do not know how to change the "TV 1" to a new name 

Does http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes work?

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Problem Solver

JM-PHL wrote:

I got a new cable box and want to identify it on the My Services so I know what each box is. I have names for all my other boxes, cuch as kitchen TV etc, but do not know how to update the names one can add on to the box.

How about just calling it new and add the date?

New Poster

I need to know how to update the name on line.. I am fine with knowing waht to name it.. Right now online it reads "TV 1". My otehr boxes all ahve neames lkke Kitche TV, Living Room TV etc. that year ago I set. I do not know how to change the "TV 1" to a new name 

Gold Problem Solver

JM-PHL wrote: ... I do not know how to change the "TV 1" to a new name 

Does http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes work?

New Poster

Yes!! Thanks!. Comcast should really fix their web sites.. one would think this cold be found under "My Services" and then TV. 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

I tried this as I want to change my TV names. It would not work for me. After I entered my names and hit the Save button I got a message stating that an unexpected error occurred. Are there ant Comcast people reading this that could figure out why I am getting this error and hopefully fix the problem?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation