Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Weather channel

Frequent Visitor

Weather channel

Weather channel station is not reporting weather for my area. Weather reports are Denver, St.Louis, Dallas, Chicago. Local on the 8 just give major cities weather. How do you get it to show local reports again.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Weather channel

You need to use the "Contact Support" link on the Weather Channel site, at the top of the right side column:

http://feedback.weather.com/knowledgebase/topics/5017-tv-local-on-the-8s-local-forecast

Attention: Local Forecast Product Manager

(last time I contacted them the manager was Chris Hoitsma)

Explain that your problem is with "Local on the 8s" and supply the following information (even though they'll probably ask for it again when they contact you)

• Who is your cable or satellite service provider?

• Are you watching in high definition (HD) or in standard definition (SD)?

• Please describe the problem (seeing a blank screen, no vocal local, seeing national information instead of local) and how long it has been occurring (if known)?

• What is your location (city and ZIP code)?

• Also, what is the main city listed on your Local on the 8’s?

• What is your Local ID number? (if available) This ID number appears in some areas and is a five-digit number found at the bottom of your screen during the “Local on the 8” or at the top of the screen at about :57 after the hour.

It may take a few tries to fix it so don't delete their emails. Last time it happened to us I had to contact them three different times before it was finally fixed. Their tech people have to contact the headend tech at the Comcast office where your Lot8s originates.

Hope that helps.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Weather channel

Thank you for the information. I will do that.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation