Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6003).

Frequent Visitor

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6003).

Attempting to watch "The Newsroom" Ep 1 on my laptop.  Running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.  x64.  8GB of RAM.  Lenovo Thinkpad W520.  Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0.1526.0. 

I can watch "The Simpsons" no problem.  This locked HBO show however, not happening.

I have rebooted.  I have updated the Sliverlight player as requested.  I have manually uninstalled Silverlight, rebooted the computer, and installed the new version.  I have quit all other tabs.  After originally trying this in Firefox 13.0.1 (latest), I retried it in Chrome, and then in IE 9.0.8112.16421.  Then again on the 32 bit version of IE 9 from the Program Files (x86) directory. 

I have rebooted multiple times.  I have checked the Silverlight panel for the checkbox.

Nothing worked.  I have trolled several other threads for answers, and most of them seem to tail off after Comcast support suggested trying all of the above multiple times and people eventually gave up.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 60

I dont know how good you are with windows but here is something.  also you do have an hbo subscription correct?   You can also try to download ccleaner and run the analyzer and then clean your system.  It gets rid of all the left over files and dll's that the program leaves when you install and uninstall.

Digital Rights Management

By default on a new install of Silverlight version 2 or later using any method, Silverlight will play content which is protected by digital rights management (DRM). It may be desired to disable the playback of DRM-enabled content for Silverlight. When the Disable DRM Content setting is implemented, it will set the user's account to not play DRM protected content.

This setting is available in the custom ADM or ADMX file you create using the text provided at the bottom of this page. The registry setting that the administrative template files contain is:

Key path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight
Value Name: DRMEnabled
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Valid Values:
    Disable DRM Content — 0x00000000
    Enable DRM Content — 0x00000001

You can locate this setting in the following policy path for your GPOs:

Category

Description

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Silverlight

Contains settings to enable or disable playback of DRM protected content in Silverlight.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation