Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6013).

New Poster

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6013).

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6013).

I am still getting this error code after uninstalling Silverlight, IE, and Adobe.  I reinstalled all programs to start fresh.  No good.  Still the same error code.  I've tried talking through the chat feature and keep getting told to contact Microsoft, but no help there.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem or am I going to continue to not get service that is being paid for?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 60

Also, cannot update to IE9.

It says my browser is Chrome, but I use IE8 to go onto xfinity tv.

My Zip Code:37918My Cable Provider:Comcast Knoxville DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:76.114.120.150My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.2 R202

Official Employee

Re: We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 60

Janetmct wrote:

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6013).

I am still getting this error code after uninstalling Silverlight, IE, and Adobe.  I reinstalled all programs to start fresh.  No good.  Still the same error code.  I've tried talking through the chat feature and keep getting told to contact Microsoft, but no help there.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem or am I going to continue to not get service that is being paid for?

Go here and learn how to enable Microsoft Silverlight DRM support.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I know how to enable it.  It is already enabled.  Your product won't recognize that it is enabled.  I have done nothing but go in circles trying to resolve this issue and still can't watch videos.

Official Employee

Janetmct wrote:

I know how to enable it.  It is already enabled.  Your product won't recognize that it is enabled.  I have done nothing but go in circles trying to resolve this issue and still can't watch videos.

Try this:

1. Click the “Tools” menu item and select “Folder Options”.

2. Click on the “View” tab.

3. In the “Advanced settings” area, scroll down and deselect “Hide protected operating system files”

4. Now go to the path “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds".

5. Change the name of “mspr.hds” to “mspr.hds.old”

6. Open your browser and go to the XFINITY website and start playing a streaming movie from our website.

It should now work. 

If you cannot find the file, you can try also looking for the file here: C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/DRM

Sometimes, after all of this, you will still need to reinstall Silverlight so if it still doesn't work, please uninstall then re-install it.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

They have done that Joe. So have the rest of us. Did you read what people are writing? We have our drm enabled. It is a comcast problem as usual.

New Poster

I'm having this problem too. And by the way, both the link that was posted up above and the Help button below the error message take me to a help page but there is no actual help.

There is this: "

Introduction

If you’re experiencing issues with XFINITY TV videos, try these troubleshooting steps."

on the page but no other information....herp-a-derp.

Official Employee

ridnourpat wrote:

I'm having this problem too. And by the way, both the link that was posted up above and the Help button below the error message take me to a help page but there is no actual help.

There is this: "

Introduction

If you’re experiencing issues with XFINITY TV videos, try these troubleshooting steps."

on the page but no other information....herp-a-derp.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code:98584My Cable Provider:Comcast Shelton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:206.214.53.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.83 Safari/537.1My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.3 R31Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled
Time Information

My Clock Time:Thu Aug 23 2012 20:58:32 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)Server Clock Time:Thu Aug 23 2012 20:58:22 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
My Account Information

Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Bw, S, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, C, Bo, Bt, Cc, F, M, H, Ad, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

Official Employee

marktparr wrote:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:98584My Cable Provider:Comcast Shelton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:206.214.53.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.83 Safari/537.1My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.3 R31Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled

Have you tried the steps above?

What videos are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I got to step 5 and my file was names "mspr" and nothing else. It would not let me change it to the new extention saying that it was unsupported.  How do I get the updated file?

Official Employee

Madeline21 wrote:

I got to step 5 and my file was names "mspr" and nothing else. It would not let me change it to the new extention saying that it was unsupported.  How do I get the updated file?

Try deleting it instead of renaming it and then try playing a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Using Silverlight 4 and renaming hspr.hds did actually work for me, plus restarting the browser.

Regular Visitor

You can't change the name of the mspr.hds to old or anything without getting the 'It's open somewhere else error'.

New Poster

You have to kill the appropriate Silverlight processes in Task Manager before, or do the renaming just after rebooting.  Worst case, do the renaming in Safe Mode.

Regular Visitor

Hi Help and Support moderation Team,

My DRM is up to date and most certainly "Enabled"

After all, why all-of-a-sudden would all these people have their DRM disabled?

Not likely.

Your Forums just don't seem to be addressing the fact that there seems to be a lot of people saying...
Xfinity can't read it or does not see it as enabled.

New Poster

Since this is the #1 search hit for this problem I'd like to confirm that  the steps ComcastJoe lists

above to rename or delete the file

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds

fixed my problem.   I upgraded Silverlight (which worked before), and then started getting

the error "We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 525|6013)." even though it was enabled.   

I followed the steps listed above renamed the file (which will require shutting down all browser instances that may have the Silverlight plugin open), restarted the browser and now I can stream Silverlight DRM content.

Note that you may have trouble getting to the directory where that file lives if you try to do it one directory at a time.   Instead, go there in one shot.    For instance in Windows 7, hit Start - Run and then just enter:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady

Then from there, rename the file mspr.hds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation