Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Way to change channels on web tv with remote?

New Poster

Way to change channels on web tv with remote?

Is there a way to open and watch tv in your internet browser, but be able to change the channels and volume with a remote?  I hadnt seen anything that can do this, so im wondering if anyone has been able to control the web xtv with a remote?

Problem Solver

Re: Way to change channels on web tv with remote?

It won't work with a remote, but you can get a wireless mouse. I use that watch the xtv website on my bedroom TV through a laptop.

New Poster

Re: Way to change channels on web tv with remote?

I got you, try this, it is called "Xfinity couch mode". 

" https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi70e3FmczK... "

You use the "p" button to go up a channel and the "o" button to go down. It has limited amount of function, but it is the best thing I have found. As you push o or p, box pops up thats about the size of the bottom quarter of the screen, and It shows you the time, what is on that channel, and what will be on that channel next. You can move through the channels and if you see something you like you can push "w" to select whatever channel that may be. I use a small bluetooth keyboard, but If you have the time, you can get "Remote Buddy"(google it), and map the channel up and down function on a universal remote(check their web page for compatible remotes). Their website will tell you what remotes you can use. There are a couple different remotes but they are all expensive(+ or -100$). I know a lot of people have the "Harmony" (I thinks thats the name, lol) already. Anyhow, there isn't much out there and I have spent some time looking, ALOT of time!!!

ps It runs on chrome, here is the Chrome Store link,

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/couchmode-for-xfinity-liv/bghafpgjddbemnjbchecolomlfbkkchc

Cheers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation