Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watchlist has disappeared

New Poster

Watchlist has disappeared

I've had items in my watchlist for a very long time. Starting yesterday, when I try to access the watchlist ( http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/list#filter=all?CMPID=xtvg_footer ) , I get nothing other than an invitation to "Set up your Watchlist by clicking on your favorite TV shows and Movies below." Notes (1)I am properly logged in; (2) I went to another computer, and had the same result.

This has happened for brief periods in the past, but it's now been more than a day. What's going on?

Contributor

Re: Watchlist has disappeared

I have the same issue, Larry. I chatted with an Xfinity tech guy who had the hardest time understanding what was happening.
First he wanted to transfer me to the TV guys... but it's not a TV issue, it's a queue issue. The queue originate on their website...
Then, he said it was a browser issue (really? I have 4 different browsers and multiple access methods, all show the same problem).
45 minutes later, he advises me to log off the website, clear my cache, reboot my computer and all should be well.

It's not.

If I get any help, I will tag you into the helper & solution. Will you do the same for me, please?

EmptyQueue.jpg
New Poster

Sure thing -- I hope one of us gets help!

Contributor

Well, I saved the chat wherein the rep stated it could take 2 hours. That was almost 3 hours ago and still no joy!

Incidentally, without telling me he would do it, he sent a signal & restarted my wireless gateway which triggered problems with my entire home network (printer, tablet, laptop, etc.) I love when they do not fix the original problem but they cause 3 more problems!

I've appended a screen shot of the result I see 2.75 hours later (it took me almost that long to get all my access restored!)

SEE THE LAST SCREENSHOT AND MAKE NOTE OF THE RED CIRCLE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER! If you choose to call for support, make sure you tell them the website has error code 500 (internal server error).

2.75hours.jpg
unabletoadd.jpg
ISE.jpg
New Poster

I've got the same problems!  I could not get a tech or chat with anyone.  And so far no joy with watch lists.

Jim

Frequent Visitor

We are having the same problem -- watchlist is gone and we can't start another one.  I just don't have the strength to call Comcast because I know I will have to go through a million (slight exaggeration) prompts and then be totally frustrated if and when I do get someone.  My favorite times are when I finally get through and no sooner do I explain my problem then I get cut off and must start over.    I would so appreciate if anyone's watchlist does begin to work, for them to please post.  Thanks for any help you can provide and especially thanks for listening.

Tags (1)
Contributor
Frequent Visitor

Wow!  I can't believe Comcast isn't doing anything. 

Do you think they read these posts?  A better question -- Do you think they care?

Contributor

I checked through developer console... the issue is with Comcast servers... now if I can get them to listen to me!

I got a ticket number: 031550285
I GOT ANOTHER TICKET NUMBER (?):CR502654375

If any of you get on chat or phone, please tell them it's related to this ticket number? Maybe we can get the numbers to work for us!!

Screenshot(s) below is the proof of error being on Comcast side

I will continue to check & post screen shots until resolution

ISE.jpg
09.07.2015.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Yep, Same problem here.  With what they charge theyshould have this under control.

Watchlist is my main item for watching anything.  Now all my episodes and movies are gone.

Contributor

Our lists should still exist... we just can't get to them right now. When Comcast fixes the issue, we should log on and magically see our lists.

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to add my voice to this issue. I'm an engineer. I work for a Fortune 5 tech company. I have no patience for clueless Level 1 tech support that can only read from a script that will not cover this issue. It's not caused by anything on my end. It's not my browser or my cache. It's not my router.

I have no confidence they will fix this over the holliday or any time soon at all. Any other issues I've had with them (there have been a few over the years) that were of a difficult technical nature could not be fixed by customer support. If this doesn't affect a boatload of users, they won't bother with it until it does. Basically, we hope that one of the really knowledgable people who monitor these forums will notice there is an issue, and will be the laison between these forums and the devs for a fix.

In the meantime, if anyone has a Twitter account (if not, you should make one). Send tweets to @comcastcares and @Xfinity to get some visibility on the issue. They really don't like bad social media publlicity, especially now that Google is caching all tweets and making them fully available in their search results.

Really hope they act on this in an efficient and professional manner, but I won't hold my breath.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue here - Started 3 days ago. Usually this happens for maybe a few hours in which I move to Netflix and when I go back it's working fine. Have not attempted to contact Comcast - Hoping they can get this resolved soon. I don't have a DVR so this is my way of watching what I've tagged to watch. 

New Poster

Just chatted with a Comcast rep. He said at 12:30 PM PST to try again in an hour based on what his servers were telling him. We'll see if this continues in about an hour or so. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem. No luck troubleshooting with a cusomer service representative who ultimately said a supervisor would call to help within 2 hours. That was 28 hours ago. Ugh! 

New Poster

SAME ISSUE HERE IN MD. Spoke w an rep, which ddnt understand a thing I sd, & was told restart receiver & wait 20mins. So far it has not worked... Keep getting error QU-S50 on screen & "Unable to access Watchlist" online. My Watchlist is also disappeared too? I just found out that Comcast took the Xbox On Demand App off Xbox platforms too, No more HD shows on Xbox anymore Smiley Sad These issues or adjustments to their service may be running together?!

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue, as well. It has appeared over multiple users on multiple hardwares using mulitple browsers all with multiple levels fo expertise. This is not a PC, Mac, router or modem based problem. I'm pretty sure thier tech crews are not on a holiday over in India. Why is there nor response from Comcast? Threads like this one are popping up all over the place. Meanwhile, I have Verizon calling me and offering a deal to switch.  

New Poster

I placed a comment on the Xfinity facebook page with a link to this thread. Let's see if anything gets done, or if they even reply to my comment. 

New Poster

I just got a message to my comment on the facebook site and they are asking me to "private chat". Let's see how far the rabbit hole goes with this. 

Contributor

DeeroG: I also placed a message on the FB page... I sent a PM to them with the screenshot appended... will keep you posted about any reply I receive.

Frequent Visitor

I also called Comcast about the watchlist problem. Was transfered 3 times and ended up with the technical dept. she told me that they are aware of it and will call that afternoon. They never did. Let me know if you have some success with it. I have about 8 movies i put in it to watch. I attached what i get on my TV if i try to access the watchlist from there with an error code. They don't have a clue.

20150908_085747.jpg
Contributor

QU-S50 is the set top box's way of telling you "I can't access any list, there is no list, why are you asking me for a list?" It's confused because the tv box pulls its info from the website and the website isn't functioning properly.

Frequent Visitor

I just got a call from Comcast telling me that the watchlist problem will be resolved as quickly as possible. It was an automated call. As long as everything else works i can live with it.

Contributor

Yay!  I can report that all my listings appear to be back.  I did not have to go a whole 4 days without access!  And, now can remove those I watched.  What took so long, Comcast?!  But, glad you got it back.

Frequent Visitor

Yay!!!!  I just wish they would have posted some type of notice -- admitting to what was going on and communicating to us, the people who keep them in business, what was being done

Frequent Visitor

Mine finally started working today after being screwed up for a week

New Poster

I contacted comcast 3 days ago through chat and phone, after 5 agents, i finally got one that understood my problem and was determind to get it fixed. I do not know what they did, but my watchlist is back complete and  I can add to it.

Ronargus wrote:

Mine finally started working today after being screwed up for a week

hopefully everyone will get working

New Poster

After three or so days, my watchlist also started working. I guess I should just be happy.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 14 in conversation