Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watching xfinity tv shows on my computer

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Watching xfinity tv shows on my computer

I am unable to watch tv shows on my computer. It goes to a commercial and freezes saying it's buffering!!! Is anyone else having this problem and how can it be fixed?????

Accepted Solution

Re: Watching xfinity tv shows on my computer

What operating system and browser are you using?

Some people who have problems with IE have better luck with FireFox or Chrome, so try a different browser.

Make sure that you're using the latest version of Flash 15.0.0.152.

If you are using IE then go to View / Toolbars / Status Bar and make sure the status bar is visible; when you get the buffering message what does the status say? Something like "Waiting for abcxyz", what site or url is it stuck on? If you are using FireFox then install the Status-4-Evr addon which puts back the status bar that was removed a few versions ago and see what site or url that you're getting stuck on and post back.

- Norm

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

What operating system and browser are you using?

Some people who have problems with IE have better luck with FireFox or Chrome, so try a different browser.

Make sure that you're using the latest version of Flash 15.0.0.152.

If you are using IE then go to View / Toolbars / Status Bar and make sure the status bar is visible; when you get the buffering message what does the status say? Something like "Waiting for abcxyz", what site or url is it stuck on? If you are using FireFox then install the Status-4-Evr addon which puts back the status bar that was removed a few versions ago and see what site or url that you're getting stuck on and post back.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Thank you I opened with google chrome and it is playing now!

Regular Contributor

Glad to be of help, enjoy!

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation