Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watching foootball in 3D on FOX channels on Comcast

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

Watching foootball in 3D on FOX channels on Comcast

While most of us are in agreement that watching HD television is worse on Comcast since their switch from MPEG 2 to MPEG4 and dropping most 1080i channels to 720p. Most noticeable for those of us with 65 inch or larger UHD televisions.

There is one big advantage for the move to MPEG4. Those of us with Samsung, LG, or Sony 3D UHD televisions, can take advantage of our "2D to 3D" option on our Real 3D televisions. MPEG 4 allows a much better conversion of picture to 3D. I have been watching football on 720p channels (Fox and ABC) in 3D. The 3D picture is very good and will stay in 3D mode through out camera changes and commercials.

You will find that while you can convert from 2D to 3D on a 1080i channel in MPEG 2, the television will drop back to 2D mode on camera changes, etc. This can be very annoying.

Those with 3D televisions might want to try this out. This option does not involve purchasing Real 3D movies to use your 3D mode.

I do find watching 3D to work very well for 720p channels in MPEG4 over Comcast. 2D to 3D rendering is known to work much better under MPEG4 convention.

Accepted Solution

Re: Watching foootball in 3D on FOX channels on Comcast

I find it neccessary to post this message since some Comcast forum members are getting to fast on ending posts about 3D rentals.

Will it is true they no longer rent 3D movies, there are still many 3D movies to purchase. I use Best Buy. Some forum members (without 3D televisions) would like you to believe that Real 3D is "Dead".  

Far from the truth!

Just yesterday I found about 15 titles at Best Buy. Most I had not found before. Many were "on sale". Some were only $12.50 if you purchased more than one. The movies are still being produced in Real 3D, and companies are taking advantage of the lack of rentals by supplying more titles for sale.

Those of us with 2015 or newer 3D UHD televisions still have many options for using this feature.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Re: Watching foootball in 3D on FOX channels on Comcast

I find it neccessary to post this message since some Comcast forum members are getting to fast on ending posts about 3D rentals.

Will it is true they no longer rent 3D movies, there are still many 3D movies to purchase. I use Best Buy. Some forum members (without 3D televisions) would like you to believe that Real 3D is "Dead".  

Far from the truth!

Just yesterday I found about 15 titles at Best Buy. Most I had not found before. Many were "on sale". Some were only $12.50 if you purchased more than one. The movies are still being produced in Real 3D, and companies are taking advantage of the lack of rentals by supplying more titles for sale.

Those of us with 2015 or newer 3D UHD televisions still have many options for using this feature.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation