Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WatchESPN app

New Poster

WatchESPN app

On the WatchESPN app I received the message "Network is not included in your current television subscription.....”, this only applied to the SEC Network and SEC Network +. I have Digital Starter service and the Sports Entertainment package and can watch SEC network thru cable. On Saturday, a member made changes to my account adding packages back that were inadvertently removed and on Sunday this problem occurred. Up until Sunday I have had no problem with the app for years. All four (4) of the Xfinity support team members I spoke with all day Sunday confirmed I am subscribed and should be able to access the SEC Network.....Unfortunately, none of those support team members had a clue nor ever heard of the WatchESPN app and ultimately said it was the app. I spoke with a support team member of the WatchESPN app who did all the troubleshooting he could from his end but immediately said it was in Comcast’s account credentials and accounts system. Does anyone know my next step to getting this resolved. Thanks

New Poster

Re: WatchESPN app

I'm having the same issue.  I would like a response from Comcast about where the issue between them and ESPN lies.  I know I've had issues with their (Comcast) allowing streaming of channels from other networks, so I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that they are trying to force customers to use their own streaming services.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: WatchESPN app

If this happens and the channel is still part of your account after a chance of service, you might need to have a refresh signal sent. 
I went ahead and set one to both of your accounts to see if that helps. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation