Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WatchESPN Error Code 308

New Poster

WatchESPN Error Code 308

I am trying to watch the Arsenal soccer game this morning, and have tried both online (3 browsers) and from my phone.  It keeps returning error code 308.  Could this error code please be explained and resolved?  Thank you.

New Poster

Re: WatchESPN Error Code 308

Just so you know - its not just you.  I'm getting it too

New Poster

Let me second that. This is the first time I have experienced this. I am trying to watch the same game.

New Poster

And me

New Poster

Here also.

Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting the same error.   I can't watch on xfinity either.  I get an access error there too.  Is the Comcast authenticaton service down?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn3

New Poster

I'm having the same problem and this isn't the first time. The irritating thing is that this error happens with games that are "live only."

I've seen other message sites that suggest this is a wide-spread problem. And it's Comcast's problem, not ESPN's.

I'm getting sick of Comcast's pathetic service. 

Frequent Visitor

yes - it looks like a Comcast site-wide authentication issue.  I can't login to view my bill either. The SSO service appears to be down.

Maybe the have maintainence scheduled for early Saturday mornings and that's when EPL is always on?  Anyone know the maintainence schedules?

Frequent Visitor

Check out this thread.  Looks like all authenticaton has been down since around 2:30AM.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/Can-t-log-in-on-comcast-com/td-p/1511177

New Poster

I can actually log-in and get my bill, but stil get the 308 code.

I spen 20 minutes on a Comcast supprt chat. The issue has been "escalated". I asked them to post any explanation here, but I doubt we will hear from anyone

EDIT. I spoke too soon, I can log-in but my bill doesn't actually load.

New Poster

"Escalated"? This is the second time this has happened to me on Sat. morning, the only time these matches are broadcast. If it happens a third time, I'll start to wonder what's really going on.

New Poster

GOAL! ARSENAL... Sorry.... I had to

Frequent Visitor

Try hitting this URL: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

Does it say "Cable TV Subscriber: False" at the bottom?  That may be the current issue. I have Cable TV service, but it says "false" for me. 

New Poster

Hey, maybe Comcast is listening to their customers. I was finally able to access the match.

New Poster

Mine says 'Unknown'. I am not a Cable TV subscriber. I haven't needed to be in the past to watch ESPN3/WatchESPN

New Poster

Yes. I am finally in too.

Frequent Visitor

Doubtful they were listening, but I can watch espn3 now too.  Just in time for the game to be over. Smiley Sad

Still can't login to see my bill.  That way I don't how much I'm paying to not be able to view the shows I want to watch.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation