Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WatchESPN App MNF Blackout

New Poster

WatchESPN App MNF Blackout

I have the WatchESPN app installed on my Android tablet and logged in using my Xfinity credentials. When I tried to watch Monday Night Football I received a message indicating that the game was blacked out. I live in Virginia, so it's kind of strange that a game between Atlanta and Denver would be blacked out for me. The app seems to work fine for all other ESPN programming, and I was able to watch the MNF game on the WatchESPN.com website on my computer, also using my Xfinity credentials.  I read online about authenticating my mobile device at espnnetworks.com/setup to "Activate WatchESPN".  Using my tablet I signed in with my ESPN account, entered my zip code, selected Comcast as my cable provider and received an error reading "WatchESPN is currently unavailable with the service provider selected."

I've seen a lot of ads that MNF is available on the WatchESPN app and I know that Comcast has been added as a provider for Android platforms.  Am I missing something?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: WatchESPN App MNF Blackout

JG_Zero wrote:

I have the WatchESPN app installed on my Android tablet and logged in using my Xfinity credentials. When I tried to watch Monday Night Football I received a message indicating that the game was blacked out. I live in Virginia, so it's kind of strange that a game between Atlanta and Denver would be blacked out for me. The app seems to work fine for all other ESPN programming, and I was able to watch the MNF game on the WatchESPN.com website on my computer, also using my Xfinity credentials.  I read online about authenticating my mobile device at espnnetworks.com/setup to "Activate WatchESPN".  Using my tablet I signed in with my ESPN account, entered my zip code, selected Comcast as my cable provider and received an error reading "WatchESPN is currently unavailable with the service provider selected."

I've seen a lot of ads that MNF is available on the WatchESPN app and I know that Comcast has been added as a provider for Android platforms.  Am I missing something?

For information about blackouts or any other programming questions, please see WatchESPN's FAQ:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#blackout

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: WatchESPN App MNF Blackout

Joe, 

The FAQ page says that Monday Night Football is only available on WatchESPN on desktop or on the WatchESPN app on tablets, which I have.  I'm more concerned that espnnetworks.com/setup does not recognize Comcast as a supported provider for the app. Should I call the ESPN help line?

Thx.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation