Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watch TV cannot play DVRed shows error 102100.5

Regular Visitor

Watch TV cannot play DVRed shows error 102100.5

On my Windows 10 laptop I can not view DVRed shows.

the following diagnostic:

Customer Service Diagnostics

OSWindows 10Build numberBrowserEdge 14.14393Flash version23.0.0.207Statusaway from homeEntitlementscdvr, tve-vod, clinear, cvod, tve-linear, estLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_polymer_0_prodStream providerprimetimeVideo IDV3831701634713564053L100188621112030016
Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V3831701634713564053L100188621112030016
Error code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V3831701634713564053L100188621112030016/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-m-rmID-mphs01Video ProviderHCHDVideo Sources:VideoObject/RecordingVideo TitleLet It Snow

Official Employee

Re: Watch TV cannot play DVRed shows error 102100.5

mhodges35 wrote:

On my Windows 10 laptop I can not view DVRed shows.

the following diagnostic:

Customer Service Diagnostics

OSWindows 10Build numberBrowserEdge 14.14393Flash version23.0.0.207Statusaway from homeEntitlementscdvr, tve-vod, clinear, cvod, tve-linear, estLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_polymer_0_prodStream providerprimetimeVideo IDV3831701634713564053L100188621112030016
Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V3831701634713564053L100188621112030016
Error code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V3831701634713564053L100188621112030016/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-m-rmID-mphs01Video ProviderHCHDVideo Sources:VideoObject/RecordingVideo TitleLet It Snow

I'm sorry that isn't working. A few questions:

• Is it all recordings or just one or two?
  • Have you been able to successfully play back recordings in the past or is this your first attempt (i.e. Has it never worked)?
  • Have you tried to play the recording on the the XFINITY TV mobile app? Does that work?

Sometimes Cloud DVR recording files get corrupted and aren't playable. I'm hoping to understand if this is the case (issue with one or two recordings) or if something systemic with your account.

Thanks and, again, sorry!

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have a similar issue.  We have only had the DVR a few months and I notice that I don't have an option to download what I DVR.  I set up a recording of Bones from my laptop and I can only watch them on the TV.  I was able to watch a few episodes I had not DVR recorded on the laptop but when I started recording them I lost the ability to watch them on my laptop.  I have checked and this is not the only show that tells me I have a diagnostic error.  I am almost always using my laptop on my home network so I do not understand why I can non view these DVR recordings.

Thank you for any help.

Official Employee

casapacis2 wrote:

I have a similar issue.  We have only had the DVR a few months and I notice that I don't have an option to download what I DVR.  I set up a recording of Bones from my laptop and I can only watch them on the TV.  I was able to watch a few episodes I had not DVR recorded on the laptop but when I started recording them I lost the ability to watch them on my laptop.  I have checked and this is not the only show that tells me I have a diagnostic error.  I am almost always using my laptop on my home network so I do not understand why I can non view these DVR recordings.

Thank you for any help.

Hi, I hope I can help. First, a few questions:

1. Do you have access to an iOS or Android mobile device so you can check if the XFINITY TV app allows you to view the DVR content? This will help understand if your issue is specific to the website or with the recording itself.
  2. Are you attempting to watch from the "Saved: Recordings" section? I see that you have Cloud DVR on your account so expect the answer is yes but want to confirm.
  3. Have you tried playing content from the On Demand section? Does that work?

Sometimes recordings get corrupted but it is not usually very frequent. However, if a recording is bad, it will fail every time you try to play it.

I also note that you say "option to download" what you DVR.  From the website you can only stream - there isn't a way to download on computers.

Finally, if you have a different browser on your computer (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) it is worth trying there to see if it has something to do with your browser configuration (Flash or cookies blocked).

Let me know if any of this gets you up and running!

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation