Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Watch ESPN, Fox, CBS ETC not working

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Watch ESPN, Fox, CBS ETC not working

I have called Xfinity 3 times about the inability to access any content that requires me to sign in to xfinity in order to verify my cable account. The time before last, they said they would get back to me within 48 hours, but i never go t a call.

ESPN, CBS, Fox, even Xfinity's own TV.xfinity.com wont work. They all say "Access not authorized" and that I miust be an XFINITY user to enjoy this service. The apps worked fine before I moved my service from my old house to my new one. I have had Customer Service reset my user name to default to the new address with no success. I think I am going to cancel my service if I cannot find a solution. Why do I pay for services I cannot use?

Has anyone had success with fixing this problem? Calling tech support has resulted in no help. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Watch ESPN, Fox, CBS ETC not working

IT IS A MIRICLE! I spoke to the most wonder CSA today named Nika and she atcually understood my request to reset my entilements and help me fix this issue. Now my info shows:

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
False
Provider Codes:
S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kn, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, Jy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Kb, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Ku, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ek, Ir, Jq, Ia, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Kh, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Jb, Gm, Ks, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Kp, El, Bq, Kd, Km, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Kt, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Ej, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
False

I guess the moral of the story is you have to call 6+ times to get someone that knows what you are talking about in order to help fix your account. All this after I emailed every person possible, Emailed the VP, called to actually cancel my service last night, and then I get someone who can help. AMAZING. This customer service person needs a raise! My faith in comcast has been restored!

View answer in context
Service Expert

alaskanag08,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Geek46, thanks for the help. Hopefully someone will be able to solve this issue. Its driving me crazy!

Regular Visitor

Here is the acct info from my xfinity.comcast.net/computer page. It shows I am not a cable or internet subscriber, so I'm guessing this setting is somehow part of the issue? 

My Device Information

My Zip Code:
My Cable Provider:
Use Dac:
False
My Conroller ID:
Unknown
My Map ID:
Unknown
My Persona ID:
My myDVR Manager Status:
Not Installed
My Set Top Box Names:
Not Installed
My Watchlist setup:
False
Facebook Watchlist Syncing:
Facebook Connect:
My public IP address:
2601:2c2:C003:E743cff:bb95:9c07:Ce91
My operating system:
Windows - X64
My web browser:
Chrome 52 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; X64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36
My system type:
Desktop Computer Or Other Device
My Silverlight version:
Unknown
My Flash version:
Javascript:
Enabled
Cookies:
Enabled (1583 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:
Mon Sep 12 2016 08:08:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Server Clock Time:
Mon Sep 12 2016 08:08:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
True
Provider Codes:
Internet Subscriber:
False
Cable TV Subscriber:
False
Voice Subscriber:
False
Regular Visitor

IT IS A MIRICLE! I spoke to the most wonder CSA today named Nika and she atcually understood my request to reset my entilements and help me fix this issue. Now my info shows:

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:
False
Primary Account:
False
Provider Codes:
S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Kf, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Hr, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Kn, Kg, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, Jy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ki, Ka, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Kb, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Ku, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ek, Ir, Jq, Ia, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Ke, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Kh, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Jb, Gm, Ks, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Kp, El, Bq, Kd, Km, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Kt, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Ej, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Kc, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
False

I guess the moral of the story is you have to call 6+ times to get someone that knows what you are talking about in order to help fix your account. All this after I emailed every person possible, Emailed the VP, called to actually cancel my service last night, and then I get someone who can help. AMAZING. This customer service person needs a raise! My faith in comcast has been restored!

Official Employee

Hi alaskanag08, sorry for the late reply, but glad our CSA team was able to resolve your issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation