Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WHY IS TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES NO LONGER OFFERED ON STREAMING SERVICE

ANSWERED
Contributor

WHY IS TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES NO LONGER OFFERED ON STREAMING SERVICE

Can anyone explain why TCM is no longer available for live streaming? 

Accepted Solution

Re: WHY IS TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES NO LONGER OFFERED ON STREAMING SERVICE

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

It looks as though there might have been an issue with getting all the content from TCM. I just wanted to let you all know that this was escalated to our engineers and they were able to get this issue resolved. As of now, if TCM is in your subscribed package, you should have access to all of that network content.

If you have any further issues or are continuing to experience an issue, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Jessie

Just checked again, now there is a TCM TV Go stream

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

I tried on both my computer and phone, and it worked on both.

Bronze Problem Solver

hsioffice wrote:

Are you talking about at home or away from home? Where I am, there are two TCM channels SD & HD for in home streaming, but no TV Go TCM channel available for away from home streaming.

Silver Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote:

hsioffice wrote:

Are you talking about at home or away from home? Where I am, there are two TCM channels SD & HD for in home streaming, but no TV Go TCM channel available for away from home streaming.

I was at home. Many channels are restricting live streaming to work only on your home network. It's mainly to prevent theft since people may share the logins and then non-subscribers can watch.

Bronze Problem Solver

andyross wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

hsioffice wrote:

I was at home. Many channels are restricting live streaming to work only on your home network. It's mainly to prevent theft since people may share the logins and then non-subscribers can watch.

I was interested in how the OP was streaming since they are the one having the problem. Yes I understand the theft problem, I posted about that earlier this month.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/UPDATE-Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now...

Administrator
Administrator

All,

It looks as though there might have been an issue with getting all the content from TCM. I just wanted to let you all know that this was escalated to our engineers and they were able to get this issue resolved. As of now, if TCM is in your subscribed package, you should have access to all of that network content.

If you have any further issues or are continuing to experience an issue, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Jessie

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

Jessie

Found list of available live streaming channels (TCM is on it):

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/tv-go-live-streaming-networks/

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

Jessie

Just checked again, now there is a TCM TV Go stream

Contributor

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

Jessie

Thank you for addressing this, I see it listed now on streaming live tv options. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation