Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SETTINGS?

Frequent Visitor

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SETTINGS?

I was looking at my favorites on the xfinity.com/tv listings, when all of a sudden they were gone, and my default location (which was set to my 98___ zip code) was in Philadelphia.

I've logged out and back in, done a computer shutdown and logged back in, done a complete system shutdown and logged back in - my favorites are still gone, my location is still in Philadelphia, and NOW I can't restore my settings! When I log into my "Saved" tab, I get a message asking me to input my zip code, only THEN do I get to see my DVR stuff.  I tried to set up a new favorites list only to be told "There was a problem saving your preferences". Actually, NOTHING is saving! I've reset the location seven times, no luck. Still can't set the DVR to show my stuff without having to go through the intake screen, and can't save favorites.

Any suggestions, or am I SOL?

New Poster

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SETTINGS?

Fully agree! Just noticed same here.

Ill bet your "On-Demand" isnt working either!!

Regular Visitor

Same here. Argh.

New Poster

Same here. Total Comcast TV outage last night and now this.  It's bad enough that I can't find a way to make the Comcast DVR program-out all the unwanted channels  (foreign languages etc) but now the online listings won't even save "Favorites" so I have to wade through a bunch of stupid(er) channels just to see what's on. I wonder if the recent storms in this area (Pacific NW) damaged one of the Comcast servers or something?  Whatever the cause, I hope they get it fixed soon because the constant service problems are getting ridiculous. On the bright side, despite the crappy TV service, at least Comcast internet service always seems to work good here (knock on wood)... I don't understand why Comcast TV would be out but Comcast internet still working (except for their own Comcast website! that we're discussing), but that's the way it is here. 

Contributor

Same just happened to me, Seattle, WA.

New Poster

Happening to me as well in Chicago tonight. My favorite channels have disappeared, my listings are defaulting to zip code 19103, and sync to my DVR box is broken.

Frequent Visitor

Same issues here in Delaware County, PA.

Tv listings are defaulting to grid 19103. Not even close. Was hoping to play catch-up on some of the new fall shows but I have those dang orange keys that block my watching online.

NOT a happy camper.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation