Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Video stops and says the program is finished

New Poster

Video stops and says the program is finished

Trying to watch True Blood season 5.  I get a few minutes into the program, and it stops, saying "you just watched..." with a green replay button.  However, I have not watched the entire program, just maybe 3 minutes.  Help

Regular Contributor

Re: Video stops and says the program is finished

I had posted about this problem as far back as February this year, in this thread:

Lots of problems Viewing Episodes Online

I saw this problem on and off for several months but haven't had it happen lately. Among other problems I've also had shows get stuck when starting or finishing commercials; had them dissolve into a pixelated mess and never recover; I've gotten error 900|etc. etc. when trying to watch shows in IE (which for me seems to work better than FireFox) and had to refresh half a dozen times and logout / login before I could watch the show.

I'm sorry to say that the Xfinity streaming service is a bug ridden mess, if you go through this forum over the last few months you'll find (starting sometime in February) dozens of people all complaining about these same problems. In some instances you'll see an official Comcast person ask for more information and usually you get one of two replies: "Sorry but I can't reproduce this problem, there's nothing more I can do" or "I've refereed this problem to the technicians for resolution". After that you hear nothing and never get any further response from the Comcast people no matter how many times you reply to their posts asking for help.

At the end of the regular broadcast season, every CBS show that I tried to watch repeatedly got stuck on every single commercial break and as some other people here suggested I went right to the CBS web site and I could watch shows from there without any of the problems I was having on Comcast.

In some cases such as TNT, you can go right to the site and as long as you're logged in on Comcast in another tab you can watch shows right from the TNT website. I'm not sure if that's an option with HBO or not but in my case when I had this problem with a particular show it cleared up within a day or two and I was able to finish watching the episode. I know that waiting several days is not a particularly appealing solution but it was the only thing solution that I found.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation