Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Using X1 Cable box with Original Xbox One

New Poster

Using X1 Cable box with Original Xbox One

I got the picture up but I can't use any of the commands using the XB1 remote or Kinect. What are the steps? I tried setting up using one guide and the remote code but it didn't work.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Using X1 Cable box with Original Xbox One

I seem to recall MANY posts about this issue a couple years ago. Not sure it was ever solved. I suggest you use the forum search box (it's pretty effective) and see what others tried to solve the problem.

DragonTerp1 wrote:
I got the picture up but I can't use any of the commands using the XB1 remote or Kinect. What are the steps? I tried setting up using one guide and the remote code but it didn't work.

New Poster

Re: Using X1 Cable box with Original Xbox One

I was finally able to get X1 to pipe through the XBOX One, but it was very painful, rebooted the set top a bunch, as well as the XBOX One, deleted and reconfigured the "Settings", "TV & OneGuide", "Device Control" several times, manually editing it, using cable company as Comcast (and tried Xfinity too), and tried the set top box name/type as XG1-A, X1, XG1A, MX011ANM, none of these combos worked.  The Kinect is intermittent, so it goes out all the time and was very unhelpful. After a while I rebooted the X1 cable set top again, and then tried the "Settings", "TV & OneGuide", "Device Control" setup guide to have it do it automatically, AGAIN, and for whatever reason, on auto setup guide in "Settings", "TV & OneGuide", "Device Control", it changed the remote code from C1982 to C3991, not even sure how it was able to do that because each time before it was C1982.  Then I checked the "Settings", "TV & OneGuide", "Audio and Video" settings and there was the picture, coming through fine. Still not able to use the XBOX One remote control to change the channels, but am ok using the X1 remote for now.