Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unwanted purchaes

New Poster

Unwanted purchaes

How can I set it up where there will be some protection for anyone making purchases.  There was a purchase on my bill that I did not authorize.  It may have been my grandson. 

I don't want this to happen again.  Is there a way that I can control this?

Official Employee

Re: Unwanted purchaes

Hello clok401, you can set up the parental control to avoid this from happening, this should get you started. 

1. Begin by accessing the web portal http://xfinity.com/profile on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
  2. Log in using your XFINITY username or email address and password.
    Enter your username in the top-right, your password beneath it, and click the Sign In button beneath the password. Or choose Connect Using Facebook at the bottom-right.

3. Click the Settings tab, which allows you to update your Parental Controls and TV app settings.
    Settings menu displays with Parental Controls and TV App Settings options on the left hand side.

4. To manage Parental Controls, click the Parental Controls link and use the Reset button to reset the Locks PIN and Purchase PIN for each device on your account.
  5. Choose to require a PIN when accessing the XFINITY My Account app and the Voicemail app by clicking the TV App Settings link and moving the slider next to each option left or right. The blue color indicates the setting is on, the gray color indicates the setting is off.
    The TV App Settings screen displays options for limiting access to My Account and Voicemail apps with sliders at right to choose whether or not to require a PIN.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation