Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unsolicited DVR recording

Frequent Visitor

Unsolicited DVR recording

On Sept 4, 2017  I noticed that I had an unsolicited DVR Recording from a PPV channel 871 about some LGBQT movie(?). Without watching it, I immediately deleted the recording. My record will show I never use PayPerView channels. I reported it to Comcast by phone andf was assured I wouldn't be charged for it. Just got my latest bill and Lo & Behold ...!  I was charged $9.99 for it. Called again Comcast and again was re-assured the charge would be reversed. Yours, is the next move.  Do you recommend any steps to prevent future repetitions of same?  Thanks. .... Edward

Official Employee

Re: Unsolicited DVR recording

Edong522 wrote:

On Sept 4, 2017  I noticed that I had an unsolicited DVR Recording from a PPV channel 871 about some LGBQT movie(?). Without watching it, I immediately deleted the recording. My record will show I never use PayPerView channels. I reported it to Comcast by phone andf was assured I wouldn't be charged for it. Just got my latest bill and Lo & Behold ...!  I was charged $9.99 for it. Called again Comcast and again was re-assured the charge would be reversed. Yours, is the next move.  Do you recommend any steps to prevent future repetitions of same?  Thanks. .... Edward

There's an employee waiting to help you in the other thread that you started about the same topic here

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/DVR-unsolicited-recording/m-p/2963232#M41716

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello Edong522. I see you have not responded to the other thread. If you still need us to review this PPV charge, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. I found out by myself where the Purchase Password menu was. Under the X1 system, it is in APPs menu and NOT in the old Settings Menu (where Parental Controls are, which was the original place of the Purchase Password menu then). 

Official Employee

Glad to hear you were able to get this situated. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance, or feel free to create a new post. 

Thank you for choosing Comcast!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation