Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to watch some shows online

New Poster

Unable to watch some shows online

I am not able to view some of the shows on xfinity tv online.  When I click "play" it gets to the rating screen and then hangs.  Most recently I have had a problem with the newest Homeland episode.  Earlier in the week I was having problems with Dexter as well as several movies that are included in our subscription.  I saw a post from earlier today and it appears the Comcast Rep was able to resolve the issue for another customer, but there is no solution posted....

Here is a link to what I see: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Homeland/171164/2175095818/Homeland%3A-The-Vest/videos

If you can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: Unable to watch some shows online

Well you are able to watch some movies.  That is more than me, which is ZERO, none, na-da, zip.

All I ever get is the same screen you provided on all of the movies, programs and everything else using xfinity tv online. 

I will not go into other problems with Comcast that I have had and am still going through.

And every month, when the bill comes in, there is an increase in their prices.  Go figure.

Looking into going back to Satellite.  Cheaper and it worked.

Official Employee

Grebnets wrote:

I am not able to view some of the shows on xfinity tv online.  When I click "play" it gets to the rating screen and then hangs.  Most recently I have had a problem with the newest Homeland episode.  Earlier in the week I was having problems with Dexter as well as several movies that are included in our subscription.  I saw a post from earlier today and it appears the Comcast Rep was able to resolve the issue for another customer, but there is no solution posted....

Here is a link to what I see: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Homeland/171164/2175095818/Homeland%3A-The-Vest/videos

If you can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Since you are using Internet Exploxer 9, please update to Microsoft Silverlight 5 and then try watching videos again:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight

Let me know the results

Jasimenios wrote:

Well you are able to watch some movies.  That is more than me, which is ZERO, none, na-da, zip.

All I ever get is the same screen you provided on all of the movies, programs and everything else using xfinity tv online. 

I will not go into other problems with Comcast that I have had and am still going through.

And every month, when the bill comes in, there is an increase in their prices.  Go figure.

Looking into going back to Satellite.  Cheaper and it worked.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Ok, now what?  As I noticed, apparently it did not work.  Coming from Comcast, why am I not surprised.   Anything else "I" should do to fix "Comcasts" problems?
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: Unknown Facebook Queue Syncing: Unknown Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: Unknown My operating system: Unknown My web browser: Unknown My system type: Unknown My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: Unknown Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: Unknown

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

Contributor

Last week all movies and tv shows played well. This week nothing will play. All I get now is the message "Starting playback" then nothing happens....

Spoiler

Official Employee

Jasimenios wrote:

Ok, now what?  As I noticed, apparently it did not work.  Coming from Comcast, why am I not surprised. :smileyshocked:  Anything else "I" should do to fix "Comcasts" problems?
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: Unknown Facebook Queue Syncing: Unknown Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: Unknown My operating system: Unknown My web browser: Unknown My system type: Unknown My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: Unknown Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: Unknown

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

Can you please tell me what operating system and web browser you are using. Everything seem to come up as "Unknown". Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

romatc wrote:

Last week all movies and tv shows played well. This week nothing will play. All I get now is the message "Starting playback" then nothing happens....

Spoiler

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Operating system =  Windows Vista [64 bit]

Web Brower =  Windows Internet Explorer [ver 8]

Anti virus software = Yes, the one provided by Comcast. 

Official Employee

Jasimenios wrote:

Operating system =  Windows Vista [64 bit]

Web Brower =  Windows Internet Explorer [ver 8]

Anti virus software = Yes, the one provided by Comcast. 

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 07040 My Cable Provider: Comcast Union Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 76.116.197.21 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; MSN Optimized;US) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Contributor

Hello Joe, Had a hard time just trying to post here because the URL I posted was H3ll on Wheels and I got a message that I used a bad word!?! What's up with that? Anyway, I just started to have problems yesterday. Everything use to work but now I'm getting starting playback with the word xfinity in the middle of the screen with a play button symbol underneath. Click on the play link does nothing.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight but version 5 will not install. I've notice I can watch everything when using the secure web browser that comes with Constant Guard Protection Suite. I' have always used the 32bit version of IE9. One last thing I have not installed any new programs that might cause a problem. Using Norton that comes with Comcast....so what do you think? Romatc

Contributor

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  My Comcast internet was down for over a day!  Gee, what fun.

You think internet explorer is the problem?  Interesting.  I am thinking Comcast is the problem.

Thanks, but I think we will go back to satellite.  Cheaper and it works!

Thanks again

Official Employee

romatc wrote:

Hello Joe, Had a hard time just trying to post here because the URL I posted was H3ll on Wheels and I got a message that I used a bad word!?! What's up with that? Anyway, I just started to have problems yesterday. Everything use to work but now I'm getting starting playback with the word xfinity in the middle of the screen with a play button symbol underneath. Click on the play link does nothing.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight but version 5 will not install. I've notice I can watch everything when using the secure web browser that comes with Constant Guard Protection Suite. I' have always used the 32bit version of IE9. One last thing I have not installed any new programs that might cause a problem. Using Norton that comes with Comcast....so what do you think? Romatc

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, what error message are you getting when trying to install Silverlight 5?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I didn't get any error message installing Silverlight 5. I followed all directions uninstalling old version before installing new version. The only problem now is clicking on about tab version 4.060831.0 shows up as to the version installed. The browser that comes with Constant Guard Suite allows me to to watch everything. I'm thinking maybe one of Microsoft's updates (hot fixes) that were installed on 12/14/2011 might be the problem.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation