Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to watch my local channels live in home on Xfinity TV App

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Unable to watch my local channels live in home on Xfinity TV App

I'm using the Xfinity TV App on an Android phone. This issue started about 3 months ago. I opened up the Xfinity TV App so I could watch LIVE TV on my phone while I was in a different part of the house. I used to be able to watch my local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) live just fine, but now they no longer show up on my Xfinity TV App.

Screenshot_2016-02-02-01-17-37.png

I've also noticed that my list of recordings doesn't show all the programs that I've recorded on my DVR. My DVR box is at 86% full, but my phone shows 42% full. The recordings that aren't available on my phone but that are available on my DVR show a little grey box that says "Not available for mobile viewing." This is on nearly every program that has been recorded on a local channel.

24741649776_35f300eb3a_k.jpg

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to watch my local channels live in home on Xfinity TV App

volfan94,

For the Not AVailable issue, take a look at the posts in this Thread:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Programs-not-available-on-mobile/m-p/2451094#M10987

Seems that COmcast is aware of an issue back in early January, but also note that some Users are being told that the Cloud Back-End is being updated for thier markets at this time...  This may explain the Not Available.

This could also affect your local channels, but to be sure call the X1 helpline @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and ask if your area is being upgraded and if there is a solution to your local channels for viewing on your home network.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

volfan94,

For the Not AVailable issue, take a look at the posts in this Thread:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Programs-not-available-on-mobile/m-p/2451094#M109...

Seems that COmcast is aware of an issue back in early January, but also note that some Users are being told that the Cloud Back-End is being updated for thier markets at this time...  This may explain the Not Available.

This could also affect your local channels, but to be sure call the X1 helpline @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and ask if your area is being upgraded and if there is a solution to your local channels for viewing on your home network.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hello! I'm having an issue where I can watch and record perfectly on my DVR and the shows appear on my DVR, but no shows recorded on local stations (nbc, cbs or abc) show up on my app or web! It used to work perfectly and loved being able to watch recorded late night shows or Today show from my computer or download for offline viewing when I was going out traveling and wanted to catch-up on my shows. All local stations are removed from my channel guide view on the app and web! Shows all channels except local ones! Called Comcast... Transferred a bunch of times...finally realized they have an App tech support which was clueless on what was causing my issue. Said a tech would get back to me within 48 hours. Nobody has reached back out and very frustrated. My neighbor who also has Comcast has no issues with his app and can see all local stations.
Tags (3)
Admin1

MrTechGuy -- I reviewed your ticket. Looks like it was caused by a node that had the wrong setting for your account. Ticket says that someone spoke with you to confirm that everything is resolved. Following up with that to make sure everything is ok now. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same "unable to watch local channels" issue. It start last Friday.  The "all listings "  tab won't show any channel below 35.

Admin1

Hi Berry6325 -- Start by logging out of the App or force closing it then relaunching. You can also uninstall/reinstall. If none of the works, please tell me if you are on a mobile network or wifi network, along with make and model of your device. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Everything was working fine up to today. Now most channels are missing from the All Listings list. Tried logging out, deleting and reinstalling the app, etc. nothing works. Please help.

New Poster

Very frustrated...same thing happened to my poor 80 year old mother in the 46628 area. She just upgraded to Xfinity and has been a Comcast customer for over 30 years. She's tech savvy and had been watching live tv from the app on her iPad and iPhone and then suddenly local channels plus more were no longer showing up and when she went to all listings in the app nothing was there. She was on the phone with customer service for over 2 HOURS and got the MAJOR run aroundShe was told they would call her back ( this was the 5th person she spoke to) and NO CALL BACK! Determined she called them back the following day after they said the issue would be resolved by noon which it was't) and spoke to 2 techs who were clueless.  Could the issue with her app also be a wrong 'node'' in her  account? Are they doing Cloud back end upgrades in the area...could that be it? The iPad and iPhone were her tv(s) now she has nothing. 

New Poster

Issue was resolved. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation