Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to watch movies on xfinity online

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Unable to watch movies on xfinity online

Instead I get "Starting video ..." which displays apparently forever without actually starting the video. 

BTW some TV shows do the same, others may run, others may insist that, because of the program's R rating, something or other must be done about the parental locking that prevents screening.  All parental controls are OFF in my user controls.  Although I have been a Comcast customer for some time, I'm just now trying online streaming video from Comcast and woyuld like to get it running. Thanks.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94062 My Cable Provider: duh My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.7.46.74 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Firefox 3.6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.20) Gecko/20110803 Firefox/3.6.20 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to watch movies on xfinity online

Okay, shiney.

Updating FF browser fixed most troubles, disabling FF's Adblock add-on fixed the rest.

Thanks!

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to get past "Starting Playback"

Hardly matters.  It doesn't work in the USA either.

Official Employee

hiznik wrote:

Instead I get "Starting video ..." which displays apparently forever without actually starting the video. 

BTW some TV shows do the same, others may run, others may insist that, because of the program's R rating, something or other must be done about the parental locking that prevents screening.  All parental controls are OFF in my user controls.  Although I have been a Comcast customer for some time, I'm just now trying online streaming video from Comcast and woyuld like to get it running. Thanks.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94062 My Cable Provider: duh My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.7.46.74 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Firefox 3.6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.20) Gecko/20110803 Firefox/3.6.20 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Update your Firefox browser to version 9 and then try again.

If videos still are not working, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, what videos are working and which ones are not?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Okay, shiney.

Updating FF browser fixed most troubles, disabling FF's Adblock add-on fixed the rest.

Thanks!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation