Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to view recordings and live tv in browser / X1 TVGO app

Frequent Visitor

Unable to view recordings and live tv in browser / X1 TVGO app

Hello,

I am trying to use the X1 browser (https://xtv.comcast.net/) and the X1 TV Go app inside my house.  On both devices I have the following problems:

1. I am unable to see my DVR recording (I have X1 boxes at home).  There is not tab at the top for recordings in the web browser (just For You, Guide, and On Demand)

2. When I go to the guide, and try to watch a non-TV Go channel, I get an message saying that the channel is only available on home WiFi.  However, I am attempting to watch on my own home network.  Note that I am not renting a modem and using my own (I would hope that it is not a requirement to rent the modem to use this feature).

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to view recordings and live tv in browser / X1 TVGO app

Got my problem solved:

1. My account only had Anyroom DVR enabled and not Cloud DVR.  Support was able to change it so I could get the cloud recordings

2. The live TV requires your Cable Modem's MAC address to be properly stored in the Comcast DB.  For some reason, they were showing my modem, but the MAC address of the modem was not coming up.  The support agent needed to remove the modem from my account and then re-add it.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation