Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to stream certain channels on my computer

ANSWERED
New Poster

Unable to stream certain channels on my computer

As of the middle of December I have not been able to stream any content from HBO, FX and History channel. I am able to sign into HBO GO and watch it from that site, but this does not work for FX. I can watch these channels on the TV just fine.

I contacted support before using the Chat option but they were not able to fix anything. There is this post that I saw that is very similar to my issue.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Live-TV-channel-listings/td-p/2850840

Is it possible that I need to have a "UDB Refresh" like what was talked about in the link above?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to stream certain channels on my computer

hyyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:

As of the middle of December I have not been able to stream any content from HBO, FX and History channel. I am able to sign into HBO GO and watch it from that site, but this does not work for FX. I can watch these channels on the TV just fine.

I contacted support before using the Chat option but they were not able to fix anything. There is this post that I saw that is very similar to my issue.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Live-TV-channel-listings/td-p/2850840

Is it possible that I need to have a "UDB Refresh" like what was talked about in the link above?

Done. You're all set. Enjoy!

View answer in context
Official Employee

hyyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:

Done. You're all set. Enjoy!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It is working now, Thank you!!!!Smiley Happy

Official Employee

hyyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:

It is working now, Thank you!!!!Smiley Happy

You're very welcome. Sorry for the trouble.

Please report back on this thread if it reverts back at any point. The engineering team is trying to understand the root cause of this issue which seems to be increasing recently.  Again, sorry this bug bit you.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am having a very similar issue in that I am not able to "live view" certain channels (400-404, and possibly others that I haven't noticed yet) on the website or "Stream" iPhone app. Likewise, I am not able to view shows on my iPhone that I have previously DVR-ed from these channels (recordings set from the actual TV). I have spent multiple hours on the phone with tech support over a period of three days and nobody has been able to help.

Will a "UDP Refresh" help in my situation as well?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation