Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to select TV show episodes

ANSWERED
New Poster

Unable to select TV show episodes

I am unable to watch any television series; premium TV or other wise.

When I go to the episodes, they are listed, but I am unable to select any of them to play (the play option is not off to the side when the episode is clicked on).

This has been going on for a few days now. Please help as I cannot catch up on my shows.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV will not play

Hi all,

This issue should now be resolved. There was a cookie issue that we have fixed.

If you are still seeing this issue, please delete your cookies and cache and try again.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Cannot play videos

same issue here...theres no watch tab to click on...tried multiple browsers

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot play videos

I am having the same issue. While I am logged in to my account, I am unable to see any play options which should normally be available. The online play options are missing. The watch on your TV options are missing. Clicking on the "All/Online/TV Listings/On Demand" options just brings me to the top of a page. Clicking on an individual episode doesn't change anything on the screen and doesn't even highlight that episode.

If I log out of my account I am able to see the green or orange play online buttons depending on whether it is a premium show. If I click on an orange premium show and then log into my account when requested, the show will load.

In the process of making this test account to post in the forum, it appears that I am able to play shows using this new account but not my primary account.

This error of not being able to play videos occurs in both firefox and IE. It started on the 4th or 5th.

Regular Visitor

Kings won't play

The former NBC series Kings won't play online even though it is listed as an online series.   Clicking "Online" in the options listed above the episodes doesn't do anything and the green play button never appears when attempting to play an episode. 

Just throwing that out there in hopes that it can be fixed.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Unable to select TV show episodes

I'm having this exact same problem for the past 3+ days.  I get the episode lists, but I can't select any of them.  When i mouse over them they light up, but nothing happens upon clicking and no play button ever shows up. 

I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and the same thing happens on all of them. 

Official Employee

Re: Kings won't play

cftks wrote:

The former NBC series Kings won't play online even though it is listed as an online series.   Clicking "Online" in the options listed above the episodes doesn't do anything and the green play button never appears when attempting to play an episode. 

Just throwing that out there in hopes that it can be fixed.  Thanks.

When I go here, I see that all the episodes have green play buttons and are working. Can you please try again and let me know the results?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all,

What specific shows are you referring to? Please let us know so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem in IE, Firefox and Chrome.  Trying to watch past episodes of Dexter.  Been a problem since Oct 4th.

Regular Visitor

It's still not working. 

After I read your post I went to try again and discovered it wasn't working, but I randomly picked another television series and the same thing happened.  I clicked on "Community" and it took me to the Community page but "ALL" was highlighted blue and when I clicked on "ONLINE", like I had on the Kings page, nothing happened.  The green play button never appeared also.  I randomly tried other shows and they not only worked but I noticed when I clicked on a show and was taken to the show's page it would have "ONLINE" already highlighted/selected blue.  

so both Kings and Community, when I select the series and taken to their respective pages "ALL" is highlighted blue and I when I click "ONLINE" nothing happens.  Normally I can start the episodes from the "ALL" page but the green play buttons aren't appearing.  Also, doing a search for Kings, the series doesn't come up in the search window and in the overall search it's on the second page. 

Frequent Visitor

This happens with every single show which I should be authorized to watch including premium networks and regular network and cable tv shows.

I went to the xfinitytv.comcast.net site and clicked for the episode list of all of the shows on the main page and all of the ones which I should be authorized to watch were behaving as described elsewhere in this thread with no capability to select a show or viewing options. The movies which I clicked appear to be loading correctly including showing the green play online option.

When I click on the episodes for networks which I should not have authorization to view, sometimes the orange key would display, but other times it acted as above with no ability to select any episodes.

Here is a short list of some of the series which will not work. Boss, Last Resort, Grimm, luther, Boardwalk Empire, The Simpsons, Homeland, Treme, etc meaning all specific shows that I should be able to watch will not work with my primary account.

If I log into a secondary account, then my viewing ability is restored.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.  I am unable to select which show I want to watch online.  If I list all available episodes, they all show up, but none of the links work and nothing is selectable.

If I click on a current episode (from main TV page) I can watch, but only the most recent episode.

This is getting really upsetting, and has been like this for days.

I am unable to watch using Chrome, Firefox, or IE.  I am unable to watch from home or work.

Frequent Visitor

Here is a work around until Comcast fixes this issue.

Log out of your comcast account.

find the show you want to watch.

Click watch now.

It will prompt you to log in, then the show will start.

It worked for me to allow me to watch Boardwalk Empire.

Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity tv watch tv now webpage doesn't work

It won't let me do a screen shot.

The video will start with the one that they select on the picture, but if I go to all episodes everything there is dead. Nothing works.

Official Employee

Hi all,

The forums are strange and it only allows you to post a picture if you have so many posts (10 I think). If you see this icon, please post a screenshot so we can further look into this:

pic.png

If you cannot, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am unable to post a screenshot, but don't see how that it would help. My previous posts have been pretty descriptive.

It is not possible to select any specific episode from the list of episodes available. Even the episode which is highlighted in blue when the full-episodes page loads does not have actual available viewing options. The highlighted episode has a description of the episode on the right hand side. Where there are listings on the right hand side for that episode for "Available Online" "Available On TV" and "Available Now", none of these show viewing options. Each of these three options for the highlighted episode has a blue line of text which is respectively "More online options", "more TV listings, and " more on demand Options" but clicking any of these just takes me to the top of the episode list web page.

When I am logged out of my primary account or using a secondary account, the three options for an episode described above would actually show information like the rating and length of the episode as well as the respective options to click "play", "record", or "watch on TV" episode.

New Poster

Having the same exact issue and its really starting to peeve me. Why am i paying so much money again? And when will comcast fix tis issue?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Lamedog, that did work for me.  Each time I want to watch another episode I log out of my account, then select the episode and it will play.  Really annoying that they haven't been able to fix this yet though.  My husband is even in a tech for Comcast (telephone & video) so he called the problem in Sunday.  His supervisor escalated it and still no response.  Grrr...

New Poster

Having the exact same issue, since about 10/5/2012.

Any time I click on a series and see the familiar list of season headings and individual episodes, the page does not have its expected behavior and watching shows is impossible.

EXPECTED PAGE BEHAVIOR:

on mouseover: dark grey highlight of episode title box, small green play button appearing at left edge

on click within title box: title box highlights to blue (and stays on mouse-away), details about episode appearing in right page column, including summary text, availability info, play button (if avail online).

ACTUAL PAGE BEHAVIOR:

on mouseover: darker grey highlight of episode title box, no play button

on click: nothing (right column does not change)

It seems likely to me that there are a set of scripts within the page's structure that are meant to  repopulate that right page column with text and links, govern the appearance of play buttons during mouseover, etc. And these scripts are crashing or failing to load.

It's happening to me on IE9, Chrome, and Firefox (Windows 7), across two different computers, and has been this way for about five days.

Regular Visitor

it's still not working, but I tried what another poster suggested...I signed out of xfinityTV and searched for the show.  I went to the Kings page after finding the show.  Once on the page, "ONLINE" was already highlighted blue and the green play button was visible.  I selected it and it played just fine.

so while I'm signed in, I can't access the show, but when I'm signed out I can.  These are NBC shows so they come with commericals, but I don't see how this would work if I was having the same problems with a premium channel show.  so far I've only noticed the problem with NBC's Community and Kings. 

Frequent Visitor

Queue has been deleted

As of a week ago everything in my ONLINE queue does not exsist, it says "Set up your Queue by clicking on your favorite TV shows and Movies below." even though I have TV shows that say they exsist in my queue already?

If I try going to an episode's page, I cannot click or view any of the available online, no play button is available to me, even though there are episodes available online!

I currently am paying for the EVERYTHING package, so I should be able to play whatever the heck I want!

I've had someone from comcast log into my account to see the problem from their computer, but they say they could play any of the videos I was talking about that I CANNOT?

Ive tried restarting my computer, trying a diff browser, diff account, deleting all history, cookies, cache etc etc

my silverlight is up to date!

Nothing seems to help, can anyone suggest what to do?

Frequent Visitor

This outage has been taking place for approximately 5 or more days, and several other topics have been posted about this issue which all appear to be the same error.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/xfinity-tv-watch-tv-now-webpage-doesn-t-work/td-p/143...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Cannot-play-videos/m-p/1436673

Is the web team looking at what they changed during the last 5-10 days which would have caused the links to break for authorized users?

Frequent Visitor

Finally able to post a picture of what was previously well described.

Untitled.png

Frequent Visitor

Nothing has changed... Is there anybody out there?

Frequent Visitor

comcack.jpg

Official Employee

Hi all,

Thank you for the screenshots.

What happens when you click the More Online Options linkon the right hand side of the page?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Absolutely nothing, well, it takes you back to the top of the page.

Frequent Visitor

Here's another one

Untitled.jpg

New Poster

Same thing happening to me.  Comcast supervisor told me to clear my cache.   I did it and it worked for a while. But came back again. Now if I log out I can watch everything except premium and then I just log in and watch the episode and start the process all over. It's been like this for two weeks and the phone support is useless  kept sending me back and forth from tv to InternetInternet

Official Employee

mark1974 wrote:

Same thing happening to me.  Comcast supervisor told me to clear my cache.   I did it and it worked for a while. But came back again. Now if I log out I can watch everything except premium and then I just log in and watch the episode and start the process all over. It's been like this for two weeks and the phone support is useless  kept sending me back and forth from tv to InternetInternet

We think we have found the issue and hope to push out a fix later today. That is all I know for now but I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I just posted a thread on this issue.  I am having the same problem.  I am trying to watch episode 7 of the Season 8 Weeds but I can only press the play from the Watch TV screen and it automatically goes to the last episode of the season.  It does not give the option to play the one I want.  What is going on????? 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe, it sure will be nice to get this fixed.

Frequent Visitor

genifer1200,

Until they push the fix here is a work around (I posted it earlier in this thread as well).

1. Log out of your Xfinity account

2. Navigate to the TV show you want to watch

3. Select the episode you want to watch

4. Click Play

5. You will be prompted to log in, and the show will start playing.

This has worked for me and quite a number of other people, you have to do this for every episode you want to watch.

New Poster

having trouble recording shows or watching things online

Hello,

I'm having trouble watching clips or shows on the Xfinity website. I'm also unable to record shows. when I click on a show (ex. Beauty and the Beast), the REC Series button is grayed out. This is same for several other shows as well. Also, I cannot view any clips or available full episodes of these shows. This happens randomly. I checked on Firefox, IE9, and Chrome. They all have the same issue. I wanted to watch Camelot last night but couldn't because there wasn't a "Play" button to click to watch the episodes. When I click on "More available options", the page just refreshed and nothing happened. Any ideas? Thaks

Frequent Visitor

Re: having trouble recording shows or watching things online

Mine is now working. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Working!!

Official Employee

Hi all,

As some of you have noted, a fix was pushed through our system which should of resolved this issue. Even though a fix released, we will still be monitoring it to make sure the issue does not re-appear.

In the meantime, please inform us if you are still seeing this issue or if it is now working for you. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Thank you all for helping us find this bug and enjoy watching your favorite programs online!

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Can not watch most recent episodes of some shows.

New Poster

I am still having this problem and the tech support at comcast doesnt seem to know what I am talking about when I try to get the problem resolved

New Poster

Still not working!

Frequent Visitor

My Queue is still NOT working Smiley Sad

Official Employee

iveinbergs wrote:

Still not working!

Our team is re-opening this issue. 

I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have been having the same problems as some have posted. I read your (Joe) comment that it has been addressed and  a fix was initiated. Well I just checked to see if the problem still existed and it does. I talked to one of your techs a Xfinty yesterday and he had no clue as to what was going on. I also had home support look at my computer and they found no problems on my computer. I am supposed to get a call from someone at a higher level of knowledge than the Xfinity tech I talked to yesterday, but I was told it would within the next 72 hours. Trying to address this over the phone and Xfinty not having informed the techs about the problem frustrates the customer as well as the tech because we go thru the standard fixes and they do not work or at best they work for a short period of time as I experienced that yesterday.

New Poster

Thank you for your suggestion but the problem is, when I do that, it only plays the very last episode and it does not allow me to select the one I want to play.  I only have one choice of episode and it chooses it for me. 

New Poster

This still is not working.  Do you know when it will be fixed?  This is getting very frustrating......

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Tv On Line

Play button on all shows not showing up ?????

Plzzz Help

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Tv On Line

Hi all,

We are aware of this issue and our team is going to work on this bug throughout the weekend. Once I know more, I will update this thread.

In the meantime, please try the suggestion posted by Lamedog:

1. Log out of your comcast account.

1. find the show you want to watch.

1. Click watch now.

1. It will prompt you to log in, then the show will start.

1. It worked for me to allow me to watch Boardwalk Empire.

Or

Try the suggestion posted by TestingLee in which creating a secondary account worked as a work around for this issue.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Some, not all, HBO programs cannot be viewed

Some of HBO's content cannot be played.  For example, I wanted to watch Oz, but cannot.  It gives no option to play the progam.  When I mouseover the episode, nothing appears.  Clicking on it has no effect.

Other programs, such as Boardwalk Empire, work fine and as expected.

This occurs on multiple programs but so far as I have seen, only some HBO programs.  More:

The Wire works.  John Adams doesn't.  Rome Doesn't work.  Deadwood doesn't work.

Different computers and different browsers on different networks all have the same result.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Tv On Line

Nothing seems to be working with the queue manager.  I cleared my cache, logged out and back in.  For any TV series I select, when I get to the home page for that show, I don't have a button at all for queue (neither "in queue" not "add to queue" is there), and there is a "record series" button, but it is grayed out.  No episodes have buttons on the right for playing online, scheduling on the DVR, or playing on demand. 

Basically the entire page is no longer functional.  I can't manage my queue, I can't set up series or episode recordings, and I can't start an on-demand recording.

I can find and watch episodes from my DVR, but it's a real bummer not to be able to do this from my computer since the DVR interface is so clunky.  This is a problem with both Firefox and IE, so guessing not a browser issue, since other people are having the same problems.

Regular Visitor

most of them if not all  ....... way to many to text

Frequent Visitor

cannot look at law and order on pc.

trying to look at law and order season 15-16 but there is no place to click to play. i am a streampix subscriber. whats going on? wanted to look at Kings, nothing happens. Help......

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats