Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to remove old DVR from DVR Manager

New Poster

Unable to remove old DVR from DVR Manager

I recently had my DVR box replaced because it was defective.  I had previously been managing that DVR using the MyDVR website (and iPhone app).  I was trying to add my new DVR so that I can manage that online, but my previous (defective) DVR continues to show as my default DVR and there are no options to add a new DVR or remove the old one.  My new DVR is the Motorola RNG200n (I've been told there's also a Cisco box with this same model number, however I'm certain my box is a Motorola).

Is there a way to remove my previous (defective) box and add my new DVR box so that I may manage the DVR using the online service?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to remove old DVR from DVR Manager

try to go to the box menu, press menu menu, in there do you see remote set up?  If so choose it and then delete it.   If you don't see that click the tv tab top of this page then go to on my tv, then on the bottom right of the screen is a little wheel click that, in there you will be able to manage your devices.

If none of that works click the tv tab, then click the down arrow on your profile and there you will options to activate my dvr manager. 

I don't know if this list is up to date, but according to it your box is not on the list of compatible boxes.  That does not mean it wont work the list might be old, but comcast has yet to say anything about these new boxes that have the same model numer as cisco

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/tv-control/#Is-my-cable-box-compatible-with-XFIN...?

Official Employee

A2CC wrote:

I recently had my DVR box replaced because it was defective.  I had previously been managing that DVR using the MyDVR website (and iPhone app).  I was trying to add my new DVR so that I can manage that online, but my previous (defective) DVR continues to show as my default DVR and there are no options to add a new DVR or remove the old one.  My new DVR is the Motorola RNG200n (I've been told there's also a Cisco box with this same model number, however I'm certain my box is a Motorola).

Is there a way to remove my previous (defective) box and add my new DVR box so that I may manage the DVR using the online service?

Does your box appear on this site? These are the boxes that are compatible:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/requirements-for-dvr-manager/

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having a similar problem. I just picked up a second DVR. When I try and access it in the "DVR Manager"  I cant see it. It is supported. its Model DCX3400. It seems like I am not given an option to add a second DVR to the DVR Manager. I click the "Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs" button. But all I get is the original DVR and not the second.

Official Employee

slstrozier wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I just picked up a second DVR. When I try and access it in the "DVR Manager"  I cant see it. It is supported. its Model DCX3400. It seems like I am not given an option to add a second DVR to the DVR Manager. I click the "Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs" button. But all I get is the original DVR and not the second.

Your account says that you have two eligible boxes: a DCT3416 and a DCX3425M. Besides your DCX3400, what is the other compatible box that you have?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Your numbers are confusing me. Until this week, I had 1 digital reciever and 1 DVR. This week I added the DCX3400. Other than that, I have only the small black standard box another TV. It is the DCX3400 that I am not allowed to manage online. I cant even see it online, either.

New Poster

I am having this problem -- the technician replaced my set-top box today with a dual-tuner Motorola (same as before) and I cannot get it to appear in DVR manager. I have enabled remote access on the box, but nothing doing.

Official Employee

treyseattle wrote:

I am having this problem -- the technician replaced my set-top box today with a dual-tuner Motorola (same as before) and I cannot get it to appear in DVR manager. I have enabled remote access on the box, but nothing doing.

Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for a new box to fully sync with our systems. Please post an update this time tomorrow and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi there:

How about when an old box is returned? Will it be removed automatically from the DVR manager list (in my Apple apps) after about 24 hours?

Thanks

Official Employee

BostonGuy1022 wrote:

Hi there:

How about when an old box is returned? Will it be removed automatically from the DVR manager list (in my Apple apps) after about 24 hours?

Thanks

24-48 hours it should be fully synced and updated. Please let me know if it takes longer.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm in the same situation, I have an old "TV 1" in DVR manager that is a device that has been returned to comcast. this appears to be the reason I can't save changes in the DVR manager settings pages.

the device was returned on monday (8/27) and still today (8/29) it appears in the listing. should I call support or will this take care of itself?

Official Employee

ChrisGuzak wrote:

I'm in the same situation, I have an old "TV 1" in DVR manager that is a device that has been returned to comcast. this appears to be the reason I can't save changes in the DVR manager settings pages.

the device was returned on monday (8/27) and still today (8/29) it appears in the listing. should I call support or will this take care of itself?

It should take care of itself but what was the make and model of the box?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I don't have the device any more so... I think Motorola, old, did not have HDMI output.

I tried again today, same result. "TV 1" shows TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why?

this appears to block changing settings with the other cable boxes.

why would the back end services ability to remove the device be a function the cable box model?

I assume it is not plugged in now (it should not be passed on to another customer it does not even have HDMI output) so the device does not appear to have an opportunity to influence the behavior of the system.

how many days should I wait before calling? I see that other people have similar problems

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/New-cable-box-cannot-change-channels-from-PC/m-p/1244...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/DVR-cable-box/m-p/1388197/highlight/true#M13643

with replacing devices or getting new devices.

it appears that back end service re-configuration is what solved those...

New Poster

problem has resolved itself. this page is working for me now...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation