Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to download movies from Streampix app or TV2Go app

ANSWERED
Contributor

On my Nexus 7 running Android 4.4. When I attempt to download any movie I get an error that says "An unknown error has occurred...please try again".  There is a More Info button and if I click that it says "Failed to properly parse the M3U8 File! Unknown Line: FLV”. 

No amount of retrying or logging in andout of the apps seems to matter. I'd like to take a movie on a plane ride I am taking soon.  Thanks for any info on resolving this.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to download movies from Streampix app or TV2Go app

OK so it turns out that the problem is that I'm on vacation in Jamaica and the app won't play or download content of you're not in the good old U S of A.  A quick connection to a united states based VPN fixes everything.

View answer in context
Contributor

On my Nexus 7 running Android 4.4. When I attempt to download any movie I get an error that says "An unknown error has occurred...please try again".  There is a More Info button and if I click that it says "Failed to properly parse the M3U8 File! Unknown Line: FLV”. 

No amount of retrying or logging in andout of the apps seems to matter. I'd like to take a movie on a plane ride I am taking soon.  Thanks for any info on resolving this.

Contributor

Reposting on app support board

Contributor

OK so it turns out that the problem is that I'm on vacation in Jamaica and the app won't play or download content of you're not in the good old U S of A.  A quick connection to a united states based VPN fixes everything.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation