Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to access/stream broadcast TV through the website

New Poster

Unable to access/stream broadcast TV through the website

1. I began using the site to stream TV on my computer for the first time last night. When I first looked at the TV Listings, all the network channels were there and the channels were ordered by number. Now the channels are not numbered and seem to be in no kind of order. Also, they have a little box next to each one that says TV GO in it. 

I also (tried to) set up the service on the phone for the first time. I noticed that the broadcast channels were not listed on the phone, andthen when I went back to my computer, the broadcast channels were missing and the TV GO box had appeared next to each channel. I uninstalled the app from my phone and shut down my phone completely but it didn't fix the problem on the laptop. 

2. When I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings, I am able to see the network/broadcast channels I want to access. When I mouse over the channel icons, a box appears that says "Watch Channel" - but when I click it, nothing happens. 

Can anyone tell me how to access the network/broadcast channels from any part of any xfinity website?

The broadcast channels are extremely important to me ... please, please help me get them back!

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to access/stream broadcast TV through the website

The new interface does not allow access to live channels like the old one does.  If you click on watch it will tell you that you have to be on your home network to watch even though you are on your home network.  Then it offers to let you watch TV go if you click on that it takes you to TV go screen and you never see the listings screen again.

All you can do is go back to the other interface and use that untill they take it away at which point no more live stream from comcast.

Contributor

On the TV listings page of the new site filter for "Available out of home" to watch all the TV Go channels from the old site. Same with On Demand. If you turn that filter off, you should also get to watch all the channels you get on your TV at home.
Regular Contributor

That might get the listing back but you still cannot watch anything because of the error that says you have to be on your home network even though you are on your home network.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation