Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to access premium channels that I subscribe to online via xfinity site or apps

New Poster

Unable to access premium channels that I subscribe to online via xfinity site or apps

I've dealt with three different customer service reps, had them check each time "if I subscribe to HBO", been told all the usual level one support baloney (have you tried reinistalling it? have you rebooted?) have been redirected and disconnected multiple times only to find out after googling thatt this problem is well know and is all over the net and these forums. 

I have tried all of these steps posted in this forum:

When trying to watch videos online, an orange key appears and says a subscription is required but I am a subscriber to this network

Make sure that you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID.

If you are not signed in or are signed in with a non-Comcast account, our site will not be able to verify your subscriptions.

If you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID and are still having issues, please go here and see if the network you are trying to watch is listed under "Premium Networks you can access online" near the top of the page.

I am using the correct (only) user ID and password I have set up. I am able to watch HBO and Showtime on TV. I was previously able to watch them on my XBOX and android pad. Now I get the orange key and message that I need to subscribe. I cannot watch them on my PC or any of the previously mentioned devices.

I checked the diagnostic screen (the link was posted elsewhere in the forums. I showed two tv tuners and my android pad (only) under devices. I deleted that and I still cant access the premium networks on an of the online devices. I've deleted cookies, reinstalled and rebooted everything I could.

If I have to start from square one again with another call to regular support I'm going to lose it. Does anyone have any updates on a fix for this situation?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Unable to access premium channels that I subscribe to online via xfinity site or

SpareMeFromLvl1 wrote:

I've dealt with three different customer service reps, had them check each time "if I subscribe to HBO", been told all the usual level one support baloney (have you tried reinistalling it? have you rebooted?) have been redirected and disconnected multiple times only to find out after googling thatt this problem is well know and is all over the net and these forums. 

I have tried all of these steps posted in this forum:

When trying to watch videos online, an orange key appears and says a subscription is required but I am a subscriber to this network

Make sure that you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID.

If you are not signed in or are signed in with a non-Comcast account, our site will not be able to verify your subscriptions.

If you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID and are still having issues, please go here and see if the network you are trying to watch is listed under "Premium Networks you can access online" near the top of the page.

I am using the correct (only) user ID and password I have set up. I am able to watch HBO and Showtime on TV. I was previously able to watch them on my XBOX and android pad. Now I get the orange key and message that I need to subscribe. I cannot watch them on my PC or any of the previously mentioned devices.

I checked the diagnostic screen (the link was posted elsewhere in the forums. I showed two tv tuners and my android pad (only) under devices. I deleted that and I still cant access the premium networks on an of the online devices. I've deleted cookies, reinstalled and rebooted everything I could.

If I have to start from square one again with another call to regular support I'm going to lose it. Does anyone have any updates on a fix for this situation?

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation