Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to Access ondemand via Xbox

Frequent Visitor

Unable to Access ondemand via Xbox

Dear Comcast,

I have been a subscriber for over 6 years now. During this time I have had your Top TV Package and your internet. Last year due to my job and health conditions I had to work from home. To accommodate this change I needed a business class internet connection since I work with high resolution image files that I need to upload and download on the fly and a bandwidth cap was not possible.

Currently I have residential Xfinity TV (since I wanted to be allowed to use on demand) and I have Comcast Business class Internet. Now to me its all the same since for me to get business class I had to get rid of residential internet, which up until now has never been an issue.  On your end its two separate accounts which is suddenly an issue with Xfinity onDemand on the Xbox 360

Yesterday when I downloaded the new Xfinity App for Xbox 360 I was greeting with a very displeasing message: “You can’t use this since you are not subscribed to Xfinity Internet on the SAME account as your TV.  Even though I get the exact same Internet I can’t use a service I pay a lot of money for!

It really does infuriate me; I mean your treating one of your best customers as a criminal. Lets just be clear I pay you guys 175 dollars just for TV and another 200 just for Internet access, seems really ridiculous too say no sorry you can’t use this, and your support team? They were so insulting. I would cancel right now and move to DirectTV but I love my Tivo and they take your service and make it tolerable.  

So I am writing this letter asking you to explain to me why I can’t access a service I pay for from you? And how can I get the service? Your support team told me cause I have business class Internet from Comcast I can’t have residential Internet at the same location. So even though I am a great customer I am not allowed to access the service I pay for on my xbox via the same network connection that I can watch ondemand from via my computer or iOS device.

I do not wish to have to take this concern to the next level,

Rhett Frei

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: Unable to Access ondemand via Xbox

y'know, i gotta wonder if this is gunna be like when fancast first started. they were only allowing this on internet and video accounts but eventually video was the only requirement. it's happened at least once...

Frequent Visitor

It has to do with bandwidth caps, when you activate it they update your residental modem telling it to not count xbox xfinity traffic against your bandwidth cap. Its so stupid since its the same bits that my computer gets! Plus on business class you don't have caps, so its really stupid. 

Silver Problem Solver

Business users have no access to the app, 

You're not missing anything its the same content or less than what's on your cable box on demand.

New Poster

I have two xboxes.  I also have a media center PC with a cable card.  The Xboxes can stream video from the cablecard PC over the network and the PC acts liek a DVR.  The ONLY reason I keep cable boxes at all is for On Demand.

Like the OP, I have Business internet.  If Comcast would allow us to use business internet (which we pay extra for) and Comcast video for the xbox app, I could get rid of my cable boxes.

So yeah, it's "the same thing" but there's a real reason to desire this.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation