Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ultra HD Sampler - problems 9/29/16

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

Ultra HD Sampler - problems 9/29/16

This is for the people working on this app.

Two weeks ago every thing was working well for me. I have watched most programing since the app first came out.

Yesterday and today, after loading the app, I can get NO shows to get located on your mainframe and start playing. I get as far as finding and clicking "Watch".

It looks like the program code has been altered and the episodes are never located to be played. The only thing that works is hitting the "Stop" icon to get back to the menu showing show picked. Clicking "resume" or "restart get nowhere.

You are making it very hard to stay with Comcast after all these years on cable. This is all we have for 4K watching from you people. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Ultra HD Sampler - problems 9/29/16

When we got home today, 10/14/16, there was an update from "1462" to version "1463". I updated my Samsung UHD TV to "1463" and then tested the "Ultra HD Sampler" app. The app worked fine for me this time.

It is possible that the Comcast crew fixed the app since Monday.

At any rate, I would suggest people update the their UHD Tv's to the newest version (whatever the brand). Then check the app and let us know if it works for you

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Still not fixed this morning.

Regular Contributor

Works fine here.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Problem Solver

That's really weird Ed. It used to work fine for me, and not for you.

This morning I noticed they removed all of the Rio Olympics programs, and added nothing to the TV shows.

It still did not work for me. Maybe they were still working on the app. I will try a little later.

I am watching the Ryder Cup right now only in HD. They are doing no tries at 4K now thanks to Comcast's dismal failure at Rio Olmpics to deliver 4K to most owners of UHD Tv's.

Only a handful of people, including me, got to see any of it in HDR and 4k. I guess we are only a 3rd rate country compared to Japan for UHD television.

Regular Contributor

MNtundraRET wrote:
Only a handful of people, including me, got to see any of it in HDR and 4k. I guess we are only a 3rd rate country compared to Japan for UHD television.

Sad, isn't it. Smiley Sad We invent the thing and watch others just pass us by with its development. At least in a couple of weeks we're getting Roku devices that do HDR.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Problem Solver

The site is still not working for me this morning.

Whatever show is picked to watch will not start playing.

Problem Solver

The site is still not working 10/7/16.

What is taking so long to fix what was changed around 9/29/16?

Problem Solver

Has anyone got the "Ultra HD Sampler" to work in the last few days?

The Comcast crew has their heads buried in the sand on this problem. Not a peep from any of them.

Regular Contributor

While I am able to launch most of the shows (didn't try them all), each one kept pausing or having pixilation issues. My connection is running at !125Meg, so I know it isn't that. Hopefully, they'll get it straightened out soon.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Problem Solver

When we got home today, 10/14/16, there was an update from "1462" to version "1463". I updated my Samsung UHD TV to "1463" and then tested the "Ultra HD Sampler" app. The app worked fine for me this time.

It is possible that the Comcast crew fixed the app since Monday.

At any rate, I would suggest people update the their UHD Tv's to the newest version (whatever the brand). Then check the app and let us know if it works for you

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation