New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ultra HD Sampler can't play anything on Samsung TV

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Ultra HD Sampler can't play anything on Samsung TV

Hi,

I read the news about Olympic 4k program and tried the Ultra HD Sampler app on my Samsung TV (UN65JU7500, 2015 model). I can login and see the program list, but no program can play succefully. It always fails within seconds before showing up anything, and the error message is

We're Sorry

-------------------------------------------------------

There is a probelm with the video stream.

Please try again later.

OK

Here are some addtional information:

1. Called customer service. It doesn't help as I was directed to the below link which claims that there is no support for Samsung TV app https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

2. Tried wired Internet connection, doesn't work as well.

3. Tried power cycle TV, check app update, doesn't work.

4. Tried register DivX of the TV (just in case), doesn't work.

5. The version of the app is 2016_08_01. If there is newer version, please let me know. But I believe it's the latest available.

Any information or suggestion would be helpful. I don't want to miss the oppertunity to watch 4k Olympic programs.

Btw, I have one additional question. I noticed that I can only see 6 programs in this App: Rio HDR Preview, Outlander, Power, Hunters, Superstore, Playing House. Is that expected?

Accepted Solution

Re: Ultra HD Sampler can't play anything on Samsung TV

I finally figured out what's wrong and fixed it. Here is how I figured it out in case it could help anyone who has issue.

Today I noticed that the NBCOlympic app doesn't work with my Xfinity account as well, and says I don't have USA Network subscription. I then tried the https://tv.xfinity.com/listings/rio2016 and see if I can watch Olympics online and it gave me an error code 3329.12012. This is good since this is the first time I got an error code (if the TV app has an error code, it would be much easier to solve the issue). Checked this error code online, and it also related to subscription as well.

Now I finally know what's wrong with it: my account. It may not applicable to others. My issue is that after I moved to my current address last year, the Xfinity website lists both old (with no subscription, of course) and new (with both TV and Internet subscription) address in my account. I called customer services twice last year but they can't help me remove that old ghost address and since there was no other issue I noticed at that time, I just gave up. This time I called customer service again (through technical issue of on demand service), and said that I suspect the ghost account is the reason why I can't use on demand service. It finally works after removing this ghost account.

I would suggest if anyone has the similar issue, try to see if you can watch TV programs through app and online website. If there's problem as well, try to solve that problem, which probably will also solve the Ultra HD Sampler app issue

View answer in context
Problem Solver

No mention of updating your TV. Do even if set on auto.

Check your Internet speed on Comcast while app is trying to run a program on UHD app. You need 15 Mpb minimum. Too heavy traffic on Comcast trunkline to your location may be the real problem for many.

They might not have upgraded the cable.
I have DSL and no problems.
Frequent Visitor

Already tried to update the TV OS. In case you want the version number, it's 1460.

For the Internet speed, I also tried different speed test websites at the same time testing the UHD app. The download speed is 80~100 Mbps (including speedtest.xfinity.com, which says 85 Mbps), more than enough for the minimum requirement. (Ping from 1 to 90 ms for different sites, fast enough as well in case you are interested)

Valued Contributor

The app doesn't seem to work for everyone.  I've been trying to get someone from Comcast to come up with a reason why for over a week now.  The last Comcast person told me to contact Samsung and that Comcast wasn't supporting their own app anymore.  This is how they are getting the Olypics into our homes in 4K. Thanks allot Comcast!

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/4k-Olympics-Broadcast/td-p/2777418

That is a link to my earlier thread about this situation.

Frequent Visitor

Totally agree. On one hand, they don't provide 4k content to most of the TV brands in the market. On the other hand, for the customers that lucky enough to have the *only* brand that can get 4k content, they don't provide any technical support!

Frequent Visitor

I finally figured out what's wrong and fixed it. Here is how I figured it out in case it could help anyone who has issue.

Today I noticed that the NBCOlympic app doesn't work with my Xfinity account as well, and says I don't have USA Network subscription. I then tried the https://tv.xfinity.com/listings/rio2016 and see if I can watch Olympics online and it gave me an error code 3329.12012. This is good since this is the first time I got an error code (if the TV app has an error code, it would be much easier to solve the issue). Checked this error code online, and it also related to subscription as well.

Now I finally know what's wrong with it: my account. It may not applicable to others. My issue is that after I moved to my current address last year, the Xfinity website lists both old (with no subscription, of course) and new (with both TV and Internet subscription) address in my account. I called customer services twice last year but they can't help me remove that old ghost address and since there was no other issue I noticed at that time, I just gave up. This time I called customer service again (through technical issue of on demand service), and said that I suspect the ghost account is the reason why I can't use on demand service. It finally works after removing this ghost account.

I would suggest if anyone has the similar issue, try to see if you can watch TV programs through app and online website. If there's problem as well, try to solve that problem, which probably will also solve the Ultra HD Sampler app issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation