Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

UPDATE: TV Go and CloudTV App Issues on Galaxy S6 and Tab S devices running Lollipop

Regular Contributor

UPDATE: TV Go and CloudTV App Issues on Galaxy S6 and Tab S devices running Lollipop

Summary

An issue was identified with the new Galaxy S6 and Tab S devices running the Lollipop Android release. Symptoms would include crashing, black screen, getting kicked out of the app, or other failures within both the TV Go and CloudTV mobile apps.

What's the latest update?

• On 4/21, the S6 issues were fixed on both TV Go and CloudTV. Tab S issues remained open. 
  • For X1 customers: Today (10/27) we finally were able to release a new version to the Play Store of our XTV app fixing the Tab S issues. It will consolidate both the XTV and TV Go functionality into the single app and will have the Tab S unblocked. Here is a snippet of the release notes:
      • TV Go linear channels have been added to the Guide so users can watch live TV anywhere they go.
      • Users can filter the Guide by “Available Out of Home” to find channels to watch when away from home.
      • Users can filter the Guide and On Demand by “Secondary Audio” to find programs with SAP tracks in addition to filtering by Closed Captioning.
      • Filters are now sticky across TV Listings and On Demand.
      • Live TV no longer auto-plays. Users can choose to play the channel they were last watching, or browse for something new.
      • “In Home” and “TV Go” badges help differentiate which content can be watched where.
      • The video player pivots users to watchable content when they’re away from home.
      • Additional options were added to the Help section and can vary for different types of users (like Stream and University). 
      • The Samsung Galaxy Tab S issue was fixed. Tab S users can once again use the Android app without issue.
      • Minor bug fixes were made for iOS 9 and Watch OS 2 users.

Open Issues:

• Non-X1 customers: TV Go is still impacted by the Tab S issue and a new release will follow shortly. More details as I have them. 

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Tags (2)
Contributor

Xfinity tv app not working

I have the same problem as jolo. It gives me the same error message.
Contributor

Xfinity TV App (Android) Not Working

The app keeps giving me a error and it gives the option to click "try again", but it gives me the same error. I tried reinstalling it and it stil gives me the same error. Please help me. Thanks.
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity tv app not working

What is the error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV App (Android) Not Working

It said something like, "an error has occurred while trying to sign in. please try again." But, it seems to be working now. I'll let you know if it messes up again.
Regular Visitor

My error message sys check your internet status and try again. I can get on the internet to do everything, but use this app.
New Poster

Its not working on my Android
New Poster

Not working anymore for my android since mid-Sept. Tried unintalling and reinstalling. No luck! Frustrating since it had aleays been fine previously.
Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

I did get in contact with tech support, after uninstallng and reinstalling the app has been working every since.
Contributor

i think it works for me now, not sure cause i uninstalled it.

Silver Problem Solver

have you also tried the new play now app comcast has seperated the play now functionality from the tv app.

Frequent Visitor

The Play app seems to work fine. The TV app (to see listings) says "An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again." Hitting "try again" gives the same error, hitting "Cancel" gives a never ending spinning "Loading" with no chance to get to any menus or settings, as was suggested in another post. Reinstalling lets me log in, confirm the one eligible cable box, and then gives the error. This has been for at least a week. My wifi connection is fine.
New Poster

I have been having the same problem for the last week on may IPAD. My DVR is also very slow with the remote.

New Poster

app stopped working last week.   i have tried every troubleshooting suggestion.

can anyone tell me who to contact at xfininty to try to get it working again?

Frequent Visitor

You can use any of the contact information from their web site, and it's probably worth reporting the error again, but I have no faith you can find anybody who will actually get it working again for you. I had a "chat" with support about a week ago. At first, he told me the TV App was only for Apple, not Android. When I convinced him I was actually running it on Android, he said it worked fine. When he finally believed I was having a problem, he claimed to be looking at my account. He then said he did something with my account, and had me uninstall and reinstall the app. When it still didn't work, he said "they were working on it" and said he would have someone post updated information on the forums and also update the description information on the App Store. I see they have removed the notice about the error from the app store, but the app still doesn't work for me. I'm starting to look for alternatives to Comcast.
New Poster

It's been weeks since this app has worked for me.  Based on the recent reviews of the app on the play store, it seems like it isn't working for anyone.

Comcast, please address the app issue.

Frequent Visitor

Very strange. I've been trying it every day, and last night the listings finally started working. It also said it was changing the channel on the TV, but didn't. This morning, it also changed the TV channel as expected. I have no idea what changed, or if Comcast actually did anything. Has the app suddenly started working for anyone else.
New Poster

Nope, app still doesn't work for me.

New Poster

back in September installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Worked quite well with Motorola DVR DCH3416R. There app was updated a couple of times since.  

Today noticed that the app stopped working. It shows the channel listings, but does not control the box, and the model is not on the list of the "eligible equipment". 

Comcast, what is going on? Please fix!!! This is not progress

Official Employee

SBV wrote:

back in September installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Worked quite well with Motorola DVR DCH3416R. There app was updated a couple of times since.  

Today noticed that the app stopped working. It shows the channel listings, but does not control the box, and the model is not on the list of the "eligible equipment". 

Comcast, what is going on? Please fix!!! This is not progress

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have troubleshooted the issue down to the following:

The app only works if there is a purple or green vertical bar before the title of the TV show.  Otherwise, I get the same error message.

It used to work until the most recent app update.

New Poster

Also having this problem.

New Poster

Joe from Comcast: its the android mobile app that doesnt work. I tried unplugging the dvr anyway and nothing changed.
New Poster

tried restarting, still not working.

the app still sees the box, but how come the standard DVR unit from Comcast is not on the eligible list?

Frequent Visitor

Used to work but now have this exact same issue as ... "The app keeps giving me a error and it gives the option to click "try again", but it gives me the same error. I tried reinstalling it and it stil gives me the same error. Please help me."
Problem Solver
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Works fine on my wife's Moto Droid Global phone...

New Poster

I was receiving the same error.  But after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then turning off my WiFi connection, then it started working.  For some reason the app gets confused if you have a WiFi connection.

Frequent Visitor

I found this on another post and woked for me!!

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but for me both my iPhone and iPad 3 XFinity apps suddenly refused to load the TV Listings, instead giving a "Experiencing problems, Data Unavailable" message. After wrestling with it for a bit, I discovered that my TV Listing lineup had changed to "DAC: 130_155" on the description. Go into settings on the app, put in your zip code, and select the correct lineup. After I did this my apps were working fine again."

My TV listing was listed as DAC: 118_31.  I added my current location and selected that location, app loads fine now! 

New Poster

Is there any way to access the settings menu while the "Loading" loop endlessly prevents the application from running?

Frequent Visitor

Received a call from Comcast Tech support last night.  He indicated there is a fix in place for the iPhone/iPad but not for the Android yet.

Contributor

I've tried emailing the support email in the Play Store and there has been no response.  Tweeting to @ComcastCares I was told they are aware of the problem but there is no ETA on a fix.  I believe it works on my iPad but I haven't tried recently.

New Poster

Same error message? Now what.
New Poster

I have used the previous Xfinity TV Player app on my Acer A500 Tablet for quite some time now.  RecentlyComcast added on demand for NBC and a few other cable stations.  I also watched a lot ofolder moviesclassic boxing and many other shows on the app.  Loved it.  Then came the upgrade toXfinity TV Go.  Nowthe app opens okbut whenever I try to watch a showfrom any stationtheopening ad plays,

then after the show startsit freezes like clockwork at around 15 seconds.  I end uphaving to shut down the Tablet completely and restart.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but sameresult.  I have the HBOGo app and it works flawlesslyas does the CBS App,

TBS appNetflix and all ofmy other streaming video apps.  I really miss the Xfinity app.  The old version worked fine.  Is there anyway I can download and use the previous version of the app before the Xfinity TVGo?

New Poster

Re: I TV App (Android) Not Working

I have the same tablet and the same problem! I also would like to re download the previous app.

Frequent Visitor

same here. android app has been on my iconia has been broken for months now. i don't expect comcast cares enough to fix it.

New Poster

When I go in to xfinity app for android, I set up all my different boxes with new names, but there is no command to "continue". I am stuck there at this point, and if I back out of app, it does not save my name tags that I previously put in for each box. Somebody help me!!!!

Frequent Visitor

When a movie I want to stream freezes (and they all do so far), I download it if that option is available, then try to play it. When I do that, is still fails to work, but I get an actual error message: "This video will not play on this device. Error 106000.35"

So, my guess is Comcast has decided to use some bizarre codec to compress their video files, or some third-rate DRM encryption, and it will not work on the Iconia. This would explain why they haven't fixed it ... it would involve either recoding the app or changing the file format of the streaming video, and both would be expensive propositions. Their real mistake was not properly testing the technology before they deployed it, and now it's too late to fix affordably.

Like you, I have zero problems with all the other video services.

Contributor

Thsi app has never worked on my android phone, I get no error message my problem is I click on a the green play button to play a tv show and it shows the loading circle but doens't load nothing it just goes back to the tv show play button. After trying to troubleshoot myself, no one was able to help me on comcast chat, even after it was escalated to tech 2 support, I was told it had to do with my comcast email address on my account and that they were working on it. After waiting over a week I got a call saying that my phone is just not compatible with the app. I don't see how that is possible since my phone meet all the requirements on the comcast support website, google allowed me to download it (it wouldn't if my phone wasn't compatible) and I am able to bring up the app it just doesn't play the shows. Why are we getting charge for services that don't work?

Frequent Visitor

1) Are you going to cancel your Comcast subscription because they haven't addressed this issue?

2) No?

3) You have probably answered your own question.

Contributor

chrishavel wrote:

1) Are you going to cancel your Comcast subscription because they haven't addressed this issue?

2) No?

3) You have probably answered your own question.

1)Will be cancelling services if this issue isn't addressed.

2)yes?

3)Did not answer my own question, comcast corporate will be answering that question for me when or IF they call back in 2 days like they told me today!

Frequent Visitor

Excellent! Let us know how it goes.

Contributor

Issue wasn't fixed, was told that it has to do with my phone's android version being too low, had to notify them that their troubleshooting page stated that my phone's version was compatible they had to go and check and then apologized said it should have been updated. Did not get my service cancelled for now since I did get a credit on my bill.

New Poster

I am having the same issue and I am running the latest version of kitkat 4.4 .3 on nexus 5
Frequent Visitor

I am using a Note 4,S5 and a Note10.1 2014 pad.  The App is broke.  It tells me it can not find my Xfinity in home network yet every device I have is working flawless on all devices. Work great till last update.  I can deal with their being an issue what confuses me is that there are post all over the place of people complaining about the same thing and when you call Comcast they have no clue.  They are using this feature as a selling point in their commercials, you would really assume they would make sure it worked.

Regular Visitor

Re: UPDATE: All live streams restored to iOS TV Go App

I'm sorry, Is this the TO GO app for tablets? If so, the statement is imncorrect. I still have absolutely NO videos from this app. Yet I get them fine from youtube. My phone (Droid Max) also works fine. I have a 2 Tmax tablets running the android version 4.1.1 and neither works, and has not worked since April. 

HBO GO works fine.

Some assitance please?

Regular Contributor

greatyellow1,

Yes, this is the TV Go app for both tablets and smart phones. This particular issue I posted for was regarding the 50 live streaming channels currently available and the focus was on iOS devices.

Can you clarify what videos you are having issues with so that I can help get this resolved? Also, please send over the OS versions and app version you are using.

Appreciate the information, 

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Ok so here are the results I have:

1.I do not see that my device is on my HBO "Manage device List" for 1. I removed an old one and can't add the new one for some reason. Did a uninstall/reinstall, same result.

2. On HBO premium channel with a subscription, I can't watch "Band of Brothers" Program starts, authenticates, buffering, and the countdown at the top stops/freezes before the show starts, at 5, 3, 2 seconds etc.  A retry fails as well.

3. "Tremme" Series does as #2.

4. Fox News Live, Syfy live, and FXX live look as thogh they are on, with the network Icon showing, but nothing else, no sound either.

5. I did get an error message on Syfy live:

Try 1 result:

ERROR, Unkown error occured during the request. Please try again. (Under More info) READ ERROR: SSL=0x52bb6e8: I/O error durring system call connection reset by peer.

Try 2 result: 

I never made it past the Authentication point.

NETWORK ERROR

Please check that your router access point is connected to the internet and try again.

NOTE: the internet was still active on the computer I am on currently, with no obvious disruption.

Try 3 result:

ERROR:: 106000.35 We're sorry, but the content is not playable on this device.

Try 4 result: Same error as in try 1.

Try 5 result: 

Everything seemed to load and I have the network logo at the bottom, CC, and a little text emblem(?) Nothing else but a black screen and still, no sound. This screen has ssat here for approx 15 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, this helps get us started. I know these questions seem trivial, but they help narrow down your issue and get us a step closer to resolving your problem. With that, I have a few more follow up questions. Have you gotten anything to work since April? I ask because unfortunately we've had issues with some Android devices using our newest app. Hopefully that's not the case here. 

Please let me know the version of our app you're using. How does the Android OS and our app version compare to your phone that you said works?

1. I'm not sure what you're referring with your first response regarding HBO. Are you talking about the HBO Go manage devices? If so, where are you seeing that, the app or the website? On the iOS app there I don't see any manage device options under settings. Our site has it's own Manage Devices section and we do not control HBO's. I know our site does not require to add devices; it just does it automatically and will bump older devices off. 

2. Can you provide the specific Band of Brothers episode you're trying to watch? Such as Season 1, Ep10 or "Points". 

3. Same as above, the whole series or just specific episodes?d

4. What about other channels? Same result or just those?

Look forward to your replies. We can also set up a phone call once I have the data to work with you in person if that is easier than typing. I can private message you to set that up on Monday or whenever your schedule permits. 

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels