Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Tv remote app will not work!!'

New Poster

Tv remote app will not work!!'

Have not had problems w tv remote app until 2 days ago. Now the app says that tvs are not detected. Spent 30 minutes on a chat w 3 different people- who finally assured me it would work in 6.5 hours and today it still not work !!!
New Poster

Re: Tv remote app will not work!!'

Any luck fixing this? I'm having the same problem now.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Ipad iPhone and android tablet no longer see the boxes. What did comcast do? Any fix or do we have to wait for someone at comcast to read this and figure it out.
Frequent Visitor

Does yours work yet? If so, what did they do?
Regular Visitor

Same here. 

Starting on the 2nd or 3rd the app AND online guide can no longer change the channel (can't even detect the boxes.)

Are you aware of this comcast?

Frequent Visitor

I was in comcast chat with two levels of support who couldn't fix it. The opened a ticket for increased tech or whatever. That was 32 hours ago and no call, no email, no fix, nothing.
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.  They must have really screwed something up, but no support!

Frequent Visitor

Just got off another support CHAT blasting them for total lack of communication. Asking for calls. Telling them a thing or two. Telling them about you all on this forum. I asked for a tech mgr to call me back. They tried to pawn off a service supervisor. I know whom I'm talking with. We'll see what happens.
Frequent Visitor

Just started a couple of days ago. Ipad app, android app and computer all say II don't have a compatible DVR. Tried resetting DVR, logging
In and out, and reinstalling. Still not working. At least I can tape shows using DVR direct remote. But apps were much more convenient. Also
Noticed a lot of shows on DVR schedule are listed as "To be announced". Looks like a major software screw up Comcast should be aware of and reporting on.
Frequent Visitor

Hi. see my post above. None of my iOS or android devices work. I believe the problem is in comcast core account profile for their customers. Ps: the to be announced is probably because you unplugged your cable box and re plugged in. The shows names should come back shortly.
Frequent Visitor

Wishful thinking. It's been 24 hours since I unplugged it. It's mainly for time slots more than several hours ahead. Saw a customer service announcement that apologized for problems (undefined) and that they were working on it. Hopefully, it's abt the IOS and android apps not working.
New Poster

Having the same issue with PC and Android phone. I haven't used in a while but decided to give it a go. Unable to identify my Motorola DCT700 which worked back in the summer.

We had an issue at work this past week where 2/3 of our 40 cable boxes stopped working. Spoke to comcast on 4 different occaisions in 3 days without a fix. Comcast guy came out Friday morning and of course by then boxes were working. He did mention that Comcast was doing some new configuring and was having issues. I wonder if this is related. None of the phone techs mentioned this.

Frequent Visitor

Wow, show listings no returning in 24 hours. Ouch.
Frequent Visitor

Fixed ! Just deleted the app. Redownloaded. Signed in. Found my cable boxes. Scheduled a recording. This was on my iPhone. Now to my iPad and android tablet.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Tv remote app will not work!!' FIXED

Ipad now working. Same process as iphone in previous post. Delete app, download again, signin.
Frequent Visitor

No need to delete, suddendly started working this morning. They obviously fixed the problem. Would have been nice if they communicated what was going on.
Frequent Visitor

My Android tablet also works fine now.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation