Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Trouble with video player

New Poster

Trouble with video player

I'm having a lot of trouble playing videos out of the blue starting yesterday. It keeps saying different errors, sometimes error 422 or 5xx and then sometimes it will say too many devices are streaming. That doesn't make any sense, as only one laptop streams at a time. Even if all the devices were streaming, it wouldn't reach 3. 

Please help resolve this issue. 

Thanks,

Melinda 

New Poster

Re: Trouble with video player

I'm having the eact same problem with the 422 error code. Brought my laptop on vacation but haven't been able to watch mu shows on it.

New Poster

I'm getting the same Error 422

New Poster

I am having the same problem sometimes it works and other times I get a 422. W*F is a 422 I called these boneheads a few hours ago they reset something not quite sure what it was. Then it worked good and now I'm back to the same old thing.

New Poster

I'm getting error code 422 and 5xx..... running windows 7....uninstalled java, flashplayer and restart laptop..... then reinstalled, restarted laptop.... same issue. trying to catch up on Games of Thrones... uuuugh!!!!!

Problem Solver

I have a plan to help all of you. First if you are streaming Wirelessly via your router, I hope you know that WiFi can slow internet speed a great deal. If you can hardwire your computer and check if that helps. From the research I have done I do not think it will help.  Click on this Link.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Video-cannot-play/m-p/2115074#M32308

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation