Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Trouble setting up DVR Manager Online

New Poster

Trouble setting up DVR Manager Online

I am having trouble setting up my DVR manager online. I can manually record shows through the box but the online manager will not let me finish activation. I have a scientific atlanta cable box. When I go online to DVR Manager I am prompted to sign in. After signing in, I click on the blue button check availibility. I enter my zip code 29407. It shows North Charleston Digital Cable, Standard Cable, and Cable Card. This matches my region so I click on Digital cable and save. Then nothing happens. No further activation is prompted. It says you'll need a subscritpion with DVR and a email. I have both. I check under my services and it lists my cable box with DVR. When I re login to the account and go to DVR manager, the same steps are repeated. I am never able to advance beyond the check availability. Any advice would be helpful. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Trouble setting up DVR Manager Online

I've been having the same issues with no luck in getting help please post back if you get this resolved as I would like to also..  thanks

New Poster

Just checking back in. No solution yet. I was on the phone with tech support for an hour and they couldnt figure it out. They kept referring to how it takes 24-48 hrs to finish activation. I understand this because I read how to set it up but what they didnt understand was that its not allowing activation to even begin. After picking my zip code, no screen is prompted at all. According to them, once you choose the zip code its supposed to bring you to the tv listings page and then 24 hrs later you should be all set. I however am never able to get to the listings page. I pick the zip code and it just goes back to the same intro screen. After an hour of tech support they suggested rebooting the dvr and waiting 48 hours. I tried that and still no luck. Keep me posted if anyone figures it out

New Poster

I have a very similar (or maybe the same) problem. Clicking the "Record" button from any program listed in the "Watch on TV" tab of DVR Manager takes me to the "DVR Manager" page at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr, which only shows me some copy and a "Check availability" button. The workflow that button initiates ("Choose your service area") doesn't seem to do anything, once the "Save" button in the dialog is clicked -- it simply closes the dialog and keeps me on the DVR Manager page.

I have successfully set up a recording on my iPhone, about a week ago (and verified that it was available on my DVR when I got home), but now whenever I try to do that, clicking the "Record" button in the app causes the app to immediately crash. I've tried multiple shows, and have also tried hard restarting the app to no avail.

Help!

New Poster

I just got access to the MY DVR Manager last week- I have two DVR's RNG200 and RNG200N. Both boxes are eligible for the service however the DVR manager only recognizes the RNG200 box and not the newer RNG200N. Have tried everything from powercycling, activation. No sucess. Any suggestions. I am in NJ in what is called Garden State Corp 20001. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation