Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Told I Must have the DVR in All room option

Frequent Visitor

Told I Must have the DVR in All room option

I live in Palm Beach Gardens Florida and have been trying to get this feature for months. The xfinity site implies that it is available if you have a dvr. Apparently, this is a lie. Even though I have the right box, the service is available in my area, I am told I will have to upgrade to the DVR in all rooms service to be able to use this feature. What a fraud!

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Told I Must have the DVR in All room option

that is correct, in the cisco SA market that is what you need to have the apps work.   You should also know that the anyroom costs about the same as a regular dvr, and you will also get guide 2.0 if you get the anyroom.

Frequent Visitor

Then Comcast sould say that and provide tht for the same price.Their morons at customer care do not know that -their web site does not indicate that- so why are they permitted to lie to consumers? If it is aadvertised as a feature available with DVR - then provide it that way. Do you work for comcast? Own stock? You seem knowledgable about their fraudelent behaviour.

Silver Problem Solver

no sorry, only people who's name appears in bold red work for comcast.   I don't think CS lies I think they are poorly trained.  Here is the info on that if your interested.

Also I just re-read your post.  Are you talking about the feature to manage your dvr online or though the app or just watching shows on your hand held device??  You don't need anyroom get just watch on your device, you do need it if you want to schedule shows from your device.   The app provides a few different options.

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/onscreenguide2/anyroomdvr.aspx

Frequent Visitor

Rog - appreciate your response- but let's be clear - I want to be able to schedule recordings on my dvr via pc or ios app. Even the link you reference above does not list it as a feature of anyroom but as a basic feature of DVR. That is the source of my dissatisfaction with comcast - they are not delivering what the promise in print, what they said I could do when I purchased their DVR services and I expect to get what THEY say I am paying for. Otherwise, they should discount my existing rate or give me the anyeromm at the same cost as DVR without my wife or I having to take more time off work to fix their mistakes. I really hope that someone from Comcast fixes thi, but I have severe doubts that they care, given that inadequate and poor level of service we have gotten so far.

Silver Problem Solver

then you need the anyroom option, it costs the same as a regular dvr, in my area with my package anyroom is included but I choose to have two dvr's instead.  Most top tier comcast packages come with anyroom as an option. I have HD complete xf, you might want to check what actually comes with your package in regards to that.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation