Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Today πŸ˜‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

Frequent Visitor

Today πŸ˜‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

Had a perfect 60 hours of cloud playback. Any thing recorded after 7:00 pm Sunday 1/12/16 has the same problems. But at least I meant a new tier 3 rep, my eighth so far. There are around 100 working in Denver, hope I don't end up talking to all of them. 

The Xfinity problem is far larger than people think. My IFS ticket has been pushed up to the highest support level. Only choice is to call tier 3 only once a week, and wait. When the issues are finally Fxed, Comcast will inform me.

The access to the Cloud Playback library and the On Demand library are different. This seems to be the one of the problems, this what I was told.

I see the only solution is to live with IT or change service. Having tired Dish, 

Network, Uverse, and Spectrum. I'll live with what I have NOW.

Official Employee

Re: Today πŸ˜‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

ohmaneyes wrote:

Had a perfect 60 hours of cloud playback. Any thing recorded after 7:00 pm Sunday 1/12/16 has the same problems. But at least I meant a new tier 3 rep, my eighth so far. There are around 100 working in Denver, hope I don't end up talking to all of them. 

The Xfinity problem is far larger than people think. My IFS ticket has been pushed up to the highest support level. Only choice is to call tier 3 only once a week, and wait. When the issues are finally Fxed, Comcast will inform me.

The access to the Cloud Playback library and the On Demand library are different. This seems to be the one of the problems, this what I was told.

I see the only solution is to live with IT or change service. Having tired Dish, 

Network, Uverse, and Spectrum. I'll live with what I have NOW.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Customers in the Detroit and Twin Cities areas are experiencing a high rate of corrupted Cloud DVR recordings.  If this occurs, you can navigate to the On Demand section (or use search) and go to the show's main page by selecting "More episodes" or "Movie info".  When you click "Watch" from there (under the "Episodes" tab), you will get options for which version.  Try one that isn't from your Cloud DVR.  The two main drawbacks is that many shows aren't available for download from On Demand and you may be forced to watch commercials from our programming partners.

Again, sorry and do I know that the Cloud DVR team is adding more hardware and updating software in that area.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Ive had the same problem .. but I am in the Wheeling, WV area. And I totally understand the frustration with having to go through a loop of different tiered representatives. Anytime I have an issue with my X1 Entertainment services, which is more often then not, I end up speaking with one representative for any houre, going through the troubleshooting, for them to tell me that I need to speak with someone on another tier, and I won't be able to be contacted until the next day. Then the next day is like Groundhogs day, going through the same conversation, and ending up with having to wait until I get contacted by yet another higher tiered representative. 8 representatives and 1 week later, they send out a tech, which should have been scheduled on day 1 or 2 after troubleshooting is not effective. I wish they would fix their customer service/technical service area a bit. But I understand the technological knowledge the customer service teams need to learn with this new X1 entertainment service. Its a learning experience for both Comcast and its customers. 

Frequent Visitor

I DO NOT!!!!!! expect good customer support for this productany longer.  It's a shell game with comcast.
I have been experienced cloud playback issues since Dec 16,2016. I have called tier 3support, talked with 9 different techs, got 2 "cr" repair tickets, 1 "IFS" Engineering repair ticket, and 1 "SI" national repair ticket. It was now just wait and see.I was told I would receive word when it was repaired.
GLORY, the call came today Feb 24, 2016. Comcast stated "greeting your ex 1 DVR issue should now be resolved., We appreciate your patience".
I tested old recordings before the 1:41 0pm message today, issue still present.Then recorded new programs, ISSUE STILL PRESENT!
I called the tech number in the message 800/266/2278, this got me to a level 1 off shore source. I would have start over. So I called
the tier 3 number 888/824/8988, could not get through to any of the 9 techs, I had talked to over the last 2 months plus.
SURPRISE, the message from Comcast totally deleted all reference to ME AND MY PROBLEM, from their system.
Great way to treat a 5 year customer Comcast!πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ–•πŸΌπŸ˜‘πŸ˜€

Frequent Visitor

I've been through a lot of that same nonsense with different levels of support, but I finally decided I'm done wasting my time.  Either Comcast is incompetent, or they just don't care.  All I can do at this point is count down the days until my contract is done and make sure I tell everyone I meet to stay the heck away from Comcast.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation