Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Time Error

Regular Contributor

Time Error

On the TV listing, I get an error, "Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing. 

Change your computer clock to change the grid."

Both my computer clock and the TV grid are correct, but can't get the error to go away. 

Anybody else seeing this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Time Error

Same thing here in the Indianapolis area. It's Comcast's fault, it always is. Just more of the same sub-par service.

Frequent Visitor

Same thing here in Virginia (24401) following the time switch to standard time at 2 a.m. Sunday, 11/2. As almost always, problem is with Comcast -- my pc time and time zone are correct. 

Regular Contributor

Yeah, it's never Comcast - always the customer. Per the settings option on their  page, they think it's still DST.

New Poster

Same here in Memphis area. You gotta love Comcast!

Official Employee

Our detection script has a bug. We're working to get it fixed. In the meantime, just ignore it. It shouldn't affect your ability to use the site.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

That reminds me...How you guys coming along on that year 2000 four digit year thing? <smile>

Frequent Visitor

I suspect that this detection script bug will indeed be fixed (at least temporaily) in the Spring when our clocks change back to DST!!

New Poster

my grid range pulls the correct time range and it appears to be correct until click on a listing then it really shows that the show really is an hour earlier than it appears on the grid...so yeah just ignore it...if you really don't want to know what time a show is really coming on!!!

How about we ignore our bill....I wonder how that would go over?

New Poster

This is causing me problems with recording on my dvr.

New Poster

Ever since I get the time zone error I have not been able to use the online DVR manager.  Called support 3 times and the last time an engineer was supposed to call back.  Have not heard anything yet.

Contributor

I first posted about this problem on10/26 - still having same issue today!

"Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.
Change your computer clock to change the grid. "

MY computer clock is correct for my time zone - PST   - 97202!

Come on Xfinity - this should not be a difficult problem to fix! 

Regular Visitor

Same here in Chicago.  Both chat and phone support told me that they are not aware of this.  Does anyone from Comcast read the forums regularly?  

Regular Contributor

I have never called phone support or online chat and got someone who was 'aware of the problem' no matter what the problemm was. Cable cut a mile from here and online support swears to me he can 'see' my modem is online.

New Poster

I LOL at your comment!  Love great scarcasm...

(Referring to the comment about working on the 2K problem.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I don't understand how the change from daylight savings to standard time can come as a surprise to the programmers. It can be predicted years in advance. In some cases you can ignore it, but in others it records the wrong show. If Comcast did any testing, they would know this. Of course, if they did any testing, this wouldn't be happening.

New Poster

"Even a broken clock is correct twice a day"

DST change caused a recording error for me, a program started at 2am and the DVR recorded starting at the *2nd* 2am, not the *first* 2am like it should have.  So I missed an hour of the recording.  <sigh>

DST has existed since before computers were invented, so it's no surprise Comcast manages to louse it up.

Regular Visitor

Started here in Aurora, Il. the day the time changed, everything is normal but that pop-up keeps appearing.

Frequent Visitor

Same here in Virginia- 22406. Still waiting for a return phone call on an issue from 2 months ago which I know will never happen. Very unsatisfied with Comcast customer service.

Regular Contributor

Over 2 weeks and still no fix.

But since the message was moved, I'll re-ask a question I asked several years ago and never got a good answer to.

What is the difference between Xfinity.com website (where I posted this) and Xfinity TV website (where it was moved to)?

Regular Contributor

Comcast should come up with some sort of, I don't know, forum or something, where people can go to ask questions and get answers. What do you guys think?

Frequent Visitor

Any word on this script yet? It's 2015 and still getting this (EST DST here).

New Poster

They did fix it, but it is now spring and its broken again since we went to DST.  You called it right,  well kinda.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats