Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TiVo Bolt Cablecard Pairing Issue

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

TiVo Bolt Cablecard Pairing Issue

Having major problems getting a cablecard paired with a new TiVo Bolt.  Just got off the phone with tech, 1.5 hours with no success.  We have been “escalated”.  Tried two different cable cards.  From other forum posts it looks like this is fairly common.  Would appreciate any help.

Accepted Solution

Re: TiVo Bolt Cablecard Pairing Issue

Issue resolved.  After the Host ID’s were cleared out, the pairing process with the Scientific Atlanta card seemed fairly painless.  Alex from Tier 3 was particularly helpful, sounds like he got an assist from TiVo whiz kid Adam and Ella kept things moving along....thank you all for your input and help.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Frequent Visitor

Just ran through that process and got the following error:

14F86282-32A1-4A94-8D19-8D7E55B7514E.png
Frequent Visitor

I get the following error message on Live TV, all channels:

This channel is not authorized.  Contact your cable provider for more information (V58).

Cards are Cisco PKM803’s.  What’s odd is if I go to DVR Diagnostics, the tuners appear to be happy (signal strength 90% and locked).  I also get menus and options in the on demand app, just won’t play video....it’s almost like data is coming through just no pictures.

Frequent Visitor

And yet another bit of detail:

58F9261E-CA17-4B73-AD50-0EB865DB0B69.jpeg
Frequent Visitor

No call from escalation team as of yet either, promised by 9pm yesterday....does anyone know what other intel I can provide to resolve this issue?

Silver Problem Solver

Sometimes one of the mods here will offer to help.Other than that, Comcast does not really offer cablecard support.

Frequent Visitor

If a mod could chime in, it would be much appreciated....I am stuck here.

Silver Problem Solver

Try Tivos Facebook page. I have seen them offer help.

Gold Problem Solver

Sschmitt406 wrote: ... This channel is not authorized. ... the tuners appear to be happy (signal strength 90% ...

Correct. CableCards do not receive channels, they authorize and decrypt them. But yours is not properly configured by Comcast. The "Status" reads "Not Staged" when it should read "Ready".

All you can do is keep after them until such time, if any, as they fix the problem.

Connection Expert

I'm going to try escalating your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Greatly appreciate the assist EG.

Connection Expert

Good luck ! Smiley Happy

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

A small update.....after hours on the phone with tier 3 support at Comcast and bouncing around to TiVo support, I am still not getting any pictures.  I was for a hot minute getting some local programming when I switched to a Scientific Atlanta Cablecard that was in our old Premiere, but when we went through the pairing process those channels reverted to error code V58 again....extremely frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

And now Comcast tech support is saying that they need “up to” 24 hours to delete the host ID from our account and then we can try the pairing process again.

Frequent Visitor

I had been calling that number, Tier 3 support gave me a direct line to them this afternoon.

Silver Problem Solver

Can anyone tell me why Comcast has never posted the exact procedure for setting up a cablecard? I asked that question starting in 2008, and have not received an answer. There are people there that know how to do it, but they do not seem to share that info. We all have seen hundreds of posts asking for that procedure.

Frequent Visitor

So I just went back and tried to get our Premiere working again with no luck, same V58 error on all channels.  The Comcast Cablecard activation page gives us the same error message when trying to pair any of the 3 cablecards with any of the two tivo’s.  The scientific atlanta version does seem to be getting us a little farther along.  In the Cablecard menus I see the following info:

conditional access details - status = ready

Active program - 0-244-Not Ent-0-???-??? (i assume this is not good)

network interface davic - status = locked

copy protection information - auth status = waiting for cp auth (again, assume this is not good)

Is it safe to assume this is a Comcast account issue?  Ie once they work through deleting the host id, this should go smoothly?  I would really like to see walking dead tonight Smiley Wink

Silver Problem Solver

Read my post above. If you reach the right person, your card could be working right now. 

Official Employee

Hello,

@barbie123 - FYI  When we delete equipment from the billing system, we have to wait 24 hours in order to add it back. If we send requests to local warehouses or to addressability department - we have to wait as well. 

@Sschmitt406 - Your issue has been escalated to our Advanced Repair Tier 3 department. They deleted both hosts from your account and as I mentioned before we have to wait 24 hours to add it back. This is just how the system works. I will follow up with you tomorrow to check the progress of this issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ella.  Can you describe what the actual issue is or was?  If I am understanding correctly, it seems like there may have been multiple problems, ie cablecards were not paired correctly initially on the Comcast side, the result is that the host id’s need to be removed from my account, this will reset the baseline so that pairing should be successful....does that sound correct?  I do not remember having any issues with my previous Cablecard experience.

Frequent Visitor

I want to make sure I am eliminating any hardware concerns.  I have seen other threads that suggest the cards supplied by the installation team are easier to work with than the cards provided by the store.  I have also seen issues with people getting multiple Bolts.  Both of these potential issues will require extra time to resolve.  

I am fairly confident however, given we have tried 3 different cablecards (2 Cisco, 1 Scientific Atlanta) and 2 tivo’s (Premiere that had previously been working with Scientific Atlanta Cablecard and brand new Bolt) that the issue is not hardware related and that it is related to Comcast.

Official Employee

@Sschmitt406 - You are correct. The original pairing procedure didn't go well. I can't tell you what exactly happened just because hosts are not on the account anymore. I don't think there is an issue with your equipment either but let's see what is going to happen after we add hosts back.

Could you please do me a favor and send your cable card info in a PM message? Just in case if I will need it for the further escalation. I need Cable Card Serial Numbers and Host IDs. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Just a note on this. Some areas are card specific, Scientific Atlanta or Motorola. Many Comcast outlets carry both cards and the people there have no clue about this small but big deal. Success sometimes depends on the right card to begin with. 

Netgear C7000-100NAS/Netgear EX7300-100NAS/(2) Linksys RE6700/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+/(2) TiVo Mini VOX
Frequent Visitor

Issue resolved.  After the Host ID’s were cleared out, the pairing process with the Scientific Atlanta card seemed fairly painless.  Alex from Tier 3 was particularly helpful, sounds like he got an assist from TiVo whiz kid Adam and Ella kept things moving along....thank you all for your input and help.

Silver Problem Solver

I am glad your issue got resolved. I do not know why it had to be so difficult.

So again I will ask this question to Comcast.

What is the exact procedure for setting up a cablecard so you don't have to go through multible phone calls and techs that do not understand? Why is this info not given to all?

Official Employee

@Mark34431 - Thank you for sharing this information. You are correct, some areas are Scientific Atlanta or Motorola only.

@Sschmitt406 - Glad to hear all issues are resolved and cable card is paired. I replied on your private message with some additional information.

@barbie123 - The cable card pairing process is not always that easy that we could imagine. For Motorola cards we need more information and we actually can see more provisioning details. Also different markets require different rate codes in our billing system. If the pairing process failed at some point there are various possible causes. Since we never know if the cable card received a signal from us (it only communicates one-way) it could be an issue with the RF, rate codes, provisioning for the correct headend and etc. We need to check every little step to find out the issue. It's not always related to our system as well. Our forum team can always assist customers with the cable card issues and if it's something we cannot fix on our own - we will find a team who can. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 6 in conversation