Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

This video is rated TV-MA while playing videos. Can't watch ANY videos.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

This video is rated TV-MA while playing videos. Can't watch ANY videos.

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Fedora Linux on both of my laptops. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers . Right now I'm on Linux and it's happening as well. Here's more information with the computer I'm currently using;

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 7569 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: (personal) My operating system: Linux - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 33 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux X86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 12.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1678 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT)

Accepted Solution

Re: This video is rated TV-MA while playing videos. Can't watch ANY videos.

Issue resolved on my Linux PC. Comcast doesn't support Linux and this was the reasoning behind the issue I was having. Please see the URL listed in which it will direct you to the fix for Linux machines. URL is listed below;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Guide-How-to-play-Xfinity-TV-on-a-Linux-PC/td-p/2102762

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Really Comcast? Over 24-hours and no response? Hmmm, how about a fix? Every single forum post that relates to this same issue either hasn't been answered by Comcast or hasn't been resolved. I don't understand why this issue just can't be resolved. I see this issue all over your forums. It seems like it would be a high priority issue. I mean people pay for this service and are unable to utilize it. Quit avoiding this issue across your forums and resolve this issue for once. I see forum posts with this same issue dating back 2-3 years. You think there would be a solid fix by now.

Frequent Visitor

Issue resolved on my Linux PC. Comcast doesn't support Linux and this was the reasoning behind the issue I was having. Please see the URL listed in which it will direct you to the fix for Linux machines. URL is listed below;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Guide-How-to-play-Xfinity-TV-on-a-Linux-PC/td-p/21027...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation