Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

This "New" website TV listings

New Poster

This "New" website TV listings

This "New" website TV listings is absolutely horrible.  They removed the My Channels filter. Now I have to scroll through the whole list of channels. I see NO Football listings for today (Sunday). NONE.

Clearly Comcast cares none whatsoever, and I'm so mad I'm at this moment shopping for another service.

I of course do not expect any Comcast response other than the ubiquitous Survey they shove down our throats every time we interract with them, as if those make any difference.

New Poster

Re: This "New" website TV listings is absolutely horrible.

I totally agree. Their "improvements" are a horror show and we lost functions. Xfinity is unbelievable and NOT in a good way!

Admin1

glennall & joer50 -- Apologies for the displeasure you have with this site. We have heard what customers have to say about it and are taking all feedback on it. This will help us add features and improvements to it going forward. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I agree - New live TV listings is MUCH worse in utility. Primary issue is NOT being able to filter for only the channels I'm subscribed to - a BIG time waster!

Also experiencing much slower load times for listings, longer time to log in.

Miss the links to movie reviews.

Saved bookmarks no longer work.

Bronze Problem Solver

rainman1z wrote:

I agree - New live TV listings is MUCH worse in utility. Primary issue is NOT being able to filter for only the channels I'm subscribed to - a BIG time waster!

Also experiencing much slower load times for listings, longer time to log in.

Miss the links to movie reviews.

Saved bookmarks no longer work.

Most of the features of the old site are gone

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See all complaints here:

forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-of-Xfinity-TV/td-p/2804996

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

New Poster

Makes perfect sense......Add features and improvements going forward to make make it as good as it was before the updates. 

With feedback like that we were better off without any feedback.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastZach wrote:

glennall & joer50 -- Apologies for the displeasure you have with this site. We have heard what customers have to say about it and are taking all feedback on it. This will help us add features and improvements to it going forward. 

Pffffft!!

The new site/experience should have just been added as a new feature, with an opt in/opt out ability. While the old website had some shortcomings tthey were nothing compared to the abortion that new site is. Someone foolishsly just assumed that all of Comcast/Xfinity's customers are doing their veiwing on a mobile device, and they left those of us dinosaurs who use a PC in their wake.

At this point I'll leave my comment at that since other's have expressed the new site's shortcomings and failures more eleqountly than I can at this point.

Regular Visitor

ComcastZach, BRING BACK THE OLD ONLINE LISTINGS.  I don't care one bit about you guys making improvements to the new nightmare you're now calling "listings".  Your new technology stinks.  But then again, it's Comcast, so we can't expect anyone there to listen to it's customers.  Thanks, you're finally forcing me to cut the cable.  Idiots.

New Poster

The new guide is unuseable and comcast will not answer complaints. Same old comcast aint it?

New Poster

my issue is with the down grading of the online format. This new format is so basic and is not able to be customized. Getting rid of the nightly popular show lists and personal watchlist make it so hard to keep track of shows and find them. I will definately not be using this platform as much. That's a shame. I waste so much time looking I end up just going to YouTube instead on Xfinity.

Bronze Problem Solver

1513prospect wrote:

my issue is with the down grading of the online format. This new format is so basic and is not able to be customized. Getting rid of the nightly popular show lists and personal watchlist make it so hard to keep track of shows and find them. I will definately not be using this platform as much. That's a shame. I waste so much time looking I end up just going to YouTube instead on Xfinity.

Try looking at all on demand movies sorted alphabetically, there's no way to jump to movies starting with a letter. You can only keep scrolling and scrolling. On the all on demand tv shows sorted alphabetically you can jump to areas in the alphabet. Very inconsistent design.

Contributor

Heaven help us!  Comcast is going to "improve" it again.  How much worse3 can they make it?

Mike

New Poster

Leave it to comcast to force you to use their new and improved TV listing, which is much worse than the crummy one that they had before. Now I cannot select just my favorite channels to check out and when I filter by sports, instead of just showing the listings, they put up stupid big blocks that take up more than the page width so I have to scroll and the channel is not obvious. I hate Comcast.

New Poster

If you had half a brain, you would have let users have the option of using the new system or sticking with the old system. In fact, I got several messages telling me to go and try the new system but I wasn't interested so I ignored them. Then, without my consent, I got forced into using the new system, which is much worse than the old system. What genius thought that being able to filter by favorite channels was a bad idea that customers didn't like and needed to be eliminated?

Not everyone is watching TV on a tablet and is interested on using a touch screen. You are not Netflix and you never will be, so knock it off. There are more than three catagories of television, sports, movies, and kids. In general, I am not interested in any of these three, so I am forced to look through all the offerings, which gets old quick.

Comcast has always had terrible customer service, just as one would expect from a monoply. Set up an appointment, stay home from work, never see the service guy, call up Comcast to find out what happened, and they tell you that the service guy came to the house but you were not home. Liars. I even put a big note on my front door saying that I was home and to knock on the door.

Now, like a typical monoply, big brother Comcast decides to fix something that was not broke. Nothing will give me more please than the announcement that is coming, sooner or later, that Comcast has gone out of business. Despite their new commercials, Comcast wouldn't know customer service if it came up and bit them on the read end*.

*forced to use rear end because Comcast considers the word that means the end or extremity of anything, especially the thicker, larger, orblunt end considered as a bottom, base, support, or handle, as of alog, fishing rod, or pistol a bad word.

Frequent Visitor

I have talked to reps via online chat and by phone and in one was told I'd be contacted by email when the TV Remote App was working and on the phone I was told the ability to control my set top box via PC or Android tablet was no longer available. Which is it? All I want to do is see what's on and select channels from my device. All it would take is one website for TV Remote Apps and another for Xfinity TV Live.

In addition it appears all the new streaming and complexity of the new site has completely bogged down the bandwidth.

If you can't fix the problems, roll back the changes.

Bronze Problem Solver

JohnL1405 wrote:

I have talked to reps via online chat and by phone and in one was told I'd be contacted by email when the TV Remote App was working and on the phone I was told the ability to control my set top box via PC or Android tablet was no longer available. Which is it? All I want to do is see what's on and select channels from my device. All it would take is one website for TV Remote Apps and another for Xfinity TV Live.

In addition it appears all the new streaming and complexity of the new site has completely bogged down the bandwidth.

If you can't fix the problems, roll back the changes.

There is the xfinity tv REMOTE app that lets you change the channel on the cable boxes.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/

New Poster

I totally agree!  This new set up isn't good at all!  You can't filter and the loading time takes awhile.  It was much faster before and easier to navigate!!!

Whoever thought of this idea needs to get their head on straight.  It looks like they are trying to copy netflix setup....In time I expect them to have the filters, etc.

New Poster

Terrible!  Painfully slow in loading, a lot more crashes than previous and alll round a bad user experience with is clunky to get around interface.  The designers/developers and those who approved its launch should be a very dissapointed in what was created.  What a dissapointing downgrade. 

New Poster

I agree.  I just called Comcast to complain and she acted like I was the first one who dodn't like it.  Then the phone and internet connection dropped out.  Coincidence?

The new schedule is slow to load, has no color coding, no favorites and displays a smaller view are.  Grey text on a black background is a dumb idea.

Bronze Problem Solver

Contributor

Add me to the list completely disgusted with this new listings. It is unusable.  I use it to record programs while I am away from home. There is no function to do this. There is no way to check on my DVR.  For a company this size to even think of putting up something like this is deplorable. Time to get another TiVO. At least they get it right.

Contributor

Add me to the list .... please go back to the previous version

New Poster

This new website stinks. I can no longer access my scheduled recordings. I can't even set a recording.

New Poster

totally agree!

New Poster

I so agree with you.  This new setup is useless to me.  I loved being able to set my favorites so I didn't have to scroll through all of the channels.  Also, it's annoying having so few channels on each 'page'.  I set my favorites on the TV guide, but that only shows 4 channels per 'page' too.    I don't even use the on-line guide now.  

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [masking profanity; name calling]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Bronze Problem Solver

OLD TV website is still out there

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

Get your watchlist info before its lost

read more info in main thread starting from here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Regular Visitor

It is very obvious Comcast did NOT take the time to have existing customers provide input and insight PRIOR to switching over to this abismal website design. It is easier to negotiate a government or Medicare website than this labryth to insanity. This experiance is equal or worse than Microsoft's marketing plan of release a new upgrade and let the custoer presennt all bugs and problems. Only then fixing what is complained about most as a secondary bandaide. C'mon Comcast! This is so far below your normal "customer comes first" and "new customer oriented culture" advertisments. You should be ashamed of yourselves as much as the major disappointment you have caused your customers. I am seriously considering uninstalling this app from all of my devices and search for and alternative. I ask only one question of Comcast. How can you claim to be so customer oriented and yet so blind to what works well in website design, navigation and quality experience in this technologically oriented society who would use this "new website app?"

In closing, I can only add my voice of support of the people previous postings on this subject thread.

Contributor

Thank you!

I had both the new-style guide and the old-style bookmarked. The new one requires subscribers go through all kinds of time-wasting rigamraole to sign into the "xfinity experience". The old style instantly came up with my listings right after I clicked, so of course I'd been using that one.

But my "old school" bookmark got redirected the other day (without my permission) to the new grid and I was at my wit's end. The light grey font on black background is unreadable, the grid has none of the logical filter functions.It's a mess.

Thanks to you, I have the more useful & user-friendly guide back.

Frequent Visitor

why did you remove convenient features such as favorite channels selection and removed a convenient - white background guide 

on browser and replaced it with something that is impossible to use? 

Frequent Visitor

The RC Remote app is not available for computers and while it updated on my Android yesterday when I attempt to sign in all I get is an error message. I've successfully used this from both my Windows PC and Android for years but with the TV To Go update neither work and the Comcast website suggests I have no manageable devices. PLUS even though I've named my laptop as a device, Xfinity does not recognize it. I've also noticed that although I'm signed in the website recognizes me as a "guest" where it used to recognize my name.

That suggests that while I've signed in, it does not recognize my account.

New Poster

I agree with everyone above. It boggles the mind that they put all this effort into a new "Flash" based TV guide when Chrome and the other browsers are going to block Flash very soon in favor of HTML5. No wonder why we pay so much.

Frequent Visitor

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#

This just stopped working for me. It worked yesterday but now when I try to access it I get this message:

Sorry, that didn't go as planned.
We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time.

When  I try to go to Choose service area it only shows area around Philadelphia! So much for the rest of the country.

I was so excited when I tried this yesterday and it worked. I guess moderators must have reported that this site was still up and working and now it isn't!

m.venanzi wrote:

Bronze Problem Solver

poodlemom923 wrote:

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#

This just stopped working for me. It worked yesterday but now when I try to access it I get this message:

Sorry, that didn't go as planned.
We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time.

When  I try to go to Choose service area it only shows area around Philadelphia! So much for the rest of the country.

I was so excited when I tried this yesterday and it worked. I guess moderators must have reported that this site was still up and working and now it isn't!

m.venanzi wrote:

Same here, I just closed browser, restarted, and logged in again and it works again.

Frequent Visitor

Just tried that but it didn't help.

"Same here, I just closed browser, restarted, and logged in again and it works again."

Regular Contributor

You had plenty of feedback before you forced us to switch to it. It didn't need to 'go forward' until it worked. Bringing my equipment in next week. 

New Poster

This was not an improvement. Biggest improvement you can do is take it back to the way it was and admit some one messed up.

Frequent Visitor

And then they disabled that site ... I hate it I hate it I hate it   this new "design" was inspired by a todler .. This new interface is total garbage

New Poster

comc rap will never do that. They are a monopoly like the government and act the same way as the government. They always know best and can do no wrong.

New Poster

Re: This "New" website TV listings

I agree totally with those saying, "Give us back the old interface!"

Regular Visitor

I need to be able to filter for my subscribed channels.  Also cannot see the icons for the channels, too small.  So no way to watch channels I pay for.

On the up side, at least this version seems to know what time it is!  Haha.  Pathetic Comcast!

New Poster

I agree.  The listings are not at all useful compared with the old format, and I can't see my DVR at all.  I don't know what's up with that. Lost all functionality. 

New Poster

Comcast does not need to go forward; they need to go back, to where they were in late August 2016.

The online listings were one of the main reasons I switched to Comcast. 

New Poster

Absolutely, positively terrible new website.  Who's the genius that designed this?  No imput from your most important asset - us, your customers.  Can't record remotely - incluidng all of today's TBS playoff games.  Now I'm told I neeed a new box and will lose all the programs I've recorded.  That's my XFINITY "entertainment experience"

New Poster

I agree 100%.  This new TV Website is totally useless...How can you take away features and functionality (Favorite channel filter) and expect your customers to react favorably.  

Frequent Visitor

I don't think they even look at their surveys !  This is almost useless ! all desireable features in previous version are gone ! I'd like to be gone from this aswell !

New Poster

We don't want Comcast to add more new features, we just want you to restore what we had before, which was very good. I will seriously look at alternative service providers if you don't.

Regular Visitor

Make it easy on yourself, go back to the old listings!

New Poster

DITTO

New Poster

This new method could not be worse.  Why is there no instruction guide?  Like how to delete channels you never watch.  Beyond that, the schedule they gave me was for a place other than where I am a customer.  A week after hours on the phone, my computer had the correct list.  However, all the other devices in the house were not fixed.  More calls to perform.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels