Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The Freeze Frame Continues Day After Day.

Regular Contributor

The Freeze Frame Continues Day After Day.

The service is completely unusable.  It freezes for several seconds to forever every few seconds.  This has been going on for almost a week.  No point in even trying to use comcast service anymore.

Regular Visitor

Re: The Freeze Frame Continues Day After Day.

Having the same Freeze Frame problems on chans 2 & 8.  Don't expect to get any help from comcast!!!!

Been there, done that!

Frequent Visitor

Yep, same problem here.  Started happening after the revamped website was released.

Regular Contributor

It worked with only several freezes for about 20 minutes before it froze up permenantly.  So it is getting better as it ussually only goes for about 30 seconds before permanent freeze.

Regular Contributor

It continues today as well.  Comcast effectively DOES NOT HAVE A STREAMING SERVICE!  For people who get this service as part of their other service, comcast can claim you are not paying for this service as it is an extra, that comes with your other services.  However, If they sell this service to anyone, it would in my opinion be fraud.

Frequent Visitor

What device are you streaming from.  In my case the problem exists on my low end spec laptop.  My smartphone does not have freezing issues.  The old website was fine, so I am leaning towards the fact that the new website is so poorly written or bloated that my hardware can't keep up (Just guessing here).

Regular Visitor

Same here all channels using PC and android tablet since the new connection went into effect!

Hope this gets corrected soon.

Regular Contributor

The freezing continues cannot watch anything.  I am on a laptop.  My houshold is discussing getting rid of comcast tv services.  We were going to go with antenna TV and if we need any more it will be some service like Netflix.  (we would do firestick but   Amazon discontinued that device)

Regular Contributor

It still continues with no relief in sight other than getting an antenna.

New Poster

Love how much I pay for freeze frame..When will cable stop charging us so much money for a box of non stop issues? Blue collar American
Regular Contributor

The freeze frame continues so far I have missed the election and every episode of south park and pretty much everything else I want to watch is ruined by the freeze frame.

Today I had to wait through several minutes of the "We are connecting you to your entertainment experience"  error message before being able to get to the freeze frame.  

Frequent Visitor

If television is freezing it is your internet having a temp lose of communication with the internet. You will need to call and have a person come out to check for an intermitted problem. Has others in your area had/having same issue, if so tell them that when you set up your tech appointment.  

I had the issue, went to my neighbors wrote down how many had the issue, I asked them if a certain time of day it occured etc. I called Comcast, told them within one week they located the issue up the road, fixed it. Now my neighborhood has no more intermitted signal issue.  

(The reason it took a week was that the equiptment had to track where the beginning of the issue occured. While tracking a constant issue of course would be quicker then an intermitted one. If it occurs at a certain time, they can begin tracking it at that time of day or circumstances such as when raining.)

Regular Contributor

I appreciate your comment. Yes it is necessary to eliminate an intermittent internet problem from the online TV service problem. That is easily done without interviewing all my neighbors. I can see other things streaming just fine while Comcast is freeze framing. I can watch youtube for 15 hours straight and not see one single video freeze. Yet I cannot watch Comcast for more than a few minutes (on a good day maybe 20 at the most) Before it freeze frames and continues to freeze frame so much that it is unwatchable.

Yes there have been a few internet problems along the way. I have made no complaint about those. They are easily identifiable as they affect everything not just Comcast online TV. They are temporary and occasional and that is something that happens with any ISP.

Regular Contributor

I was able to watch for a long time yesterday evening.  That was nice.  However today we ara back to the freeze frame.

Regular Visitor

Yes.  It's pretty much always been that way.  Streaming through comcast is terrible.  Stops and jerks and gets out of sync.  I always go straight to the network sites to stream their shows, or use HULU or NETFLIX.  It works fine that way.  I'm not sure why but I think I have an idea why streaming at other sites works fine but it doesn't work streaming from comcast's own site.  It's because COMCAST IS HORRIBLE AND DOESNT CARE!

Regular Contributor

The freeze frame continues. I have been unable to watch but for brief periods for many weeks now. Hulu is not an option as it is just as bad in many ways and that is because comcast owns Hulu and is systematically destroying it.

There is talk of the government passing a law that would require cable companies to stream all there content and get rid of the boxes. I do not think it is a good idea. Imagine no more cable boxes and all cable TV as a permanent freeze frame.

Regular Contributor

Another day another freeze frame.  This time it took a long time to get past the irritating "We are connecting you to your death by a thousand cuts,"  screen.

New Poster

This is what I've been talking about. Xfinity keeps freezing up and says, "Xfinity.com has stopped working". This happens everytime I try to read my mail on xfinity.net. The only way I can read my mail without it hanging up is to go to Chrome.com and then open up xfinity.

Regular Contributor

It actually worked a bit yesterday. But today we are back to the freeze frame. I have been mostly unable to watch for weeks. Missed the election, missed a lot of other things. I have been forced to drop all of my shows and watch YouTube. I won't be going back to any of the shows because if you miss them there is no catching up ever as it is impossible to get all the old episodes from most shows. They always omit some. So I have less and less reason to ever go back to cable TV.

We are moving soon.  Cable TV will not be a service we will be getting ever again from comcast.

Regular Visitor

Why is it that I cannot watch streaming tv through the comcast site (freezing, going out of sync constantly) but if I go directly to the network I can watch the exact same programming without any problem whatsoever?  I mean, every day. Day in day out.  No problem on network sites but I can't use the site I'm paying for?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation