Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Terms of Activation?

New Poster

Terms of Activation?

I always watch shows movie on the xfinity on demand web site, but as of yesterday when I go there it starts a new thing saying "connection to your entertainment experience" then asks me if I accept the terms of activation:

By activating, you agree that you want to enable cloud technology to access your XFINITY® TV subscription on additional supported devices like computers and tablets, as well as the TV connected to your set-top DVR via Comcast's network. If subscribed to X1 DVR with cloud technology, your acceptance also confirms that when you record programs on your set-top DVR you also want to save and store them automatically in Comcast's network in several formats to (1) enable you to play them back (and navigate within them) on additional supported devices like computers and tablets, as well as the TV connected to your set-top DVR, and (2) optimize the video and audio quality of your viewing experience during playback.
Is this adding something to my account/services? Am I going to be charged for anything by accepting? Won't let me watch shows if I don't.
Thanks.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Terms of Activation?

niapet wrote:

I always watch shows movie on the xfinity on demand web site, but as of yesterday when I go there it starts a new thing saying "connection to your entertainment experience" then asks me if I accept the terms of activation:

By activating, you agree that you want to enable cloud technology to access your XFINITY® TV subscription on additional supported devices like computers and tablets, as well as the TV connected to your set-top DVR via Comcast's network. If subscribed to X1 DVR with cloud technology, your acceptance also confirms that when you record programs on your set-top DVR you also want to save and store them automatically in Comcast's network in several formats to (1) enable you to play them back (and navigate within them) on additional supported devices like computers and tablets, as well as the TV connected to your set-top DVR, and (2) optimize the video and audio quality of your viewing experience during playback.
Is this adding something to my account/services? Am I going to be charged for anything by accepting? Won't let me watch shows if I don't.
Thanks.

I had X1 DVR and when they activated it for me about a couple of years ago it was free, just an added new feature. I wanted it because before I had the cloud recording, lightning took out my dvr one day and when they replaced my dvr I lost all my recordings. When I called and asked if I could get back my recordings, they said no, but they could add cloud recording so that if it happens again, I will still have my recordings.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation