Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,873,691

members

1,687

online

29,026

topics

Top

Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!

Contributor

Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!

So this has happened to me several times now and Comcast keeps telling me I have to replace my box which I have multiple times and it does not fix the problem. 

I can watch several show on demand ( catfish, night watch) But certain episodes tell me I have to upgrade my service to HD. I do not have HD but I can watch the episode before and after this one episode. I refuse to replace my box since they sent me 5 boxes last time before I told them which box to send. Is anyone else having this issue? If so how did you fix it because it's pretty obvious Comcast doesn't know how to.

Official Employee

Re: Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!

 

Hi morganderr, some shows and episodes on demand only have the HD version available. It is up to the network that airs "Catfish/ Night Watch" to provide an SD version for on demand, if the SD version is not provided then your cable box will prompt you to upgrade your equipment to view the show. 


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!

So why is it that only 1-3 episodes of a season I can't watch? You mean to tell me somebody set a whole season to SD except 3 episodes? That makes no sense.......Comcast makes no sense, sounds like another "Comcast excuse" to me.

Service Expert

Re: Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!


morganderr wrote:

So why is it that only 1-3 episodes of a season I can't watch? You mean to tell me somebody set a whole season to SD except 3 episodes? That makes no sense.......Comcast makes no sense, sounds like another "Comcast excuse" to me.


Think of Comcast as a delivery service; it can only deliver what it has been given, in this case, by the providers - the networks.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!


Again wrote:

morganderr wrote:

So why is it that only 1-3 episodes of a season I can't watch? You mean to tell me somebody set a whole season to SD except 3 episodes? That makes no sense.......Comcast makes no sense, sounds like another "Comcast excuse" to me.


Think of Comcast as a delivery service; it can only deliver what it has been given, in this case, by the providers - the networks.


The networks undoubtedly INTEND to provide SD for all episodes; as morganderr notes, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Sometimes an error seems to occur in the process of uploading things, and the SD gets left out.  (Possibly, other times the HD gets left out; I'm not sure.)

Since Comcast does not provide its customers with information as to how to access the people who do the uploading and can do it, it needs to be Comcast's responsibility to notify them so that the error can be fixed.  (We don't even know whether the error is the network's or Comcast's; it's possible a server went down during the upload process, for example.)

 

If FedEx misplaces a package, it will try to find it.  If Comcast is a delivery service, it should still strive to find its misplaced episodes.

 

Official Employee

Re: Telling me I need to upgrade my service for no reason!

CactusThorn wrote: The networks undoubtedly INTEND to provide SD for all episodes; as morganderr notes, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Sometimes an error seems to occur in the process of uploading things, and the SD gets left out.  (Possibly, other times the HD gets left out; I'm not sure.)

Since Comcast does not provide its customers with information as to how to access the people who do the uploading and can do it, it needs to be Comcast's responsibility to notify them so that the error can be fixed.  (We don't even know whether the error is the network's or Comcast's; it's possible a server went down during the upload process, for example.)

 

If FedEx misplaces a package, it will try to find it.  If Comcast is a delivery service, it should still strive to find its misplaced episodes.

 

The information that (Again) provided is correct, but I understand your point as well (CactusThorn). We have a contact with each network but the contact isn't a direct number or email, we must submit a request to have the content added or uploaded correctly just like any normal subscriber. So although we provide the feed, providing your feedback (like you did here) to the network that owns the content would be the best option. We appreciate you for bringing issues like this to our attention, and we are always here to help make your TV experience the best that it can be.


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 522 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation