Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV shows skipping, beginning again after ads, and an increase in ads

Contributor

TV shows skipping, beginning again after ads, and an increase in ads

Hello, I don't know what's going on but in the last month TV shows I'm watching on my laptop are suddenly skipping. I have all the Internet connection bars showing there is 100% connection to my computer. 

It isn't limited to one channel so it isn't a channel problem. Although Lifetime, which I rarely watch, is the worst. 

I have re-set my router. No dice. I've cleared my history cache. No dice. What else should I try? I'm really annoyed.

All I want to do is watch a TV show on my laptop and enjoy uninterrupted viewing while the show is on. I've pretty much given up on complaining about the looping ads and number of ads. If I'm going to sit through all of the ads, can I at least watch the show without a bunch of skipping? 

Also, shows are going to ads (which have increased substantially AGAIN) and then the show restarts from the beginning. So I move the placement button to the place I was before and here comes a full round of 5 minutes of ads. 

Thank you. 

Problem Solver

Re: TV shows skipping, beginning again after ads, and an increase in ads

It is not your computer, browser or router. I am seeing the same problems watching Lifetime online.

I live in Pennsylvania, this could be very widespread depending on where you live.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation