Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV remote app stopped working

Frequent Visitor

TV remote app stopped working

iHave I have one DVR and 2 rng hd boxes.  When I added the 2nd hd box I waited a day for the box to be recognized but now the remote app does not work with any TV. I get an error - Sorry! And error occurred during this request. 

Any Ideas?  I reinstalled the app already. 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: TV remote app stopped working

Spoiler
Happens on my iphone and ipad....
Frequent Visitor

App no longer works as DVR manager. It crashes every time we try to schedule recordings. Clearing cache, etc. and reinstalling has not fixed the problem.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Do I have to do this with all three boxes?

Official Employee

Tattersall20 wrote:

Do I have to do this with all three boxes?

Try just "2nd hd box" that you mentioned in your orginal post.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Rebooted all boxes and phone an I still get the same error. I can program my DVR but cannot change channels with the app on any TV.
Official Employee

Tattersall20 wrote:
Rebooted all boxes and phone an I still get the same error. I can program my DVR but cannot change channels with the app on any TV.

And this issue is still only happening on your 2nd HD box? If so, what is the name of your 2nd HD box?

Go here to see the names of your boxes:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Both of my boxes will not change the channel using the app. It start this morning. I was having trouble with my DVR so returned one box today. The app recognizes the new box but will not change the channel. Any advice?
Frequent Visitor

No it is happening on all 3 boxes. Even the two it previously worked on. Reinstalled app today, rebooted all 3 boxes and still nothing. Frustrating.
Frequent Visitor

Joe, this thread has beenngoingnon for over 3 months. It is clear that Comcast doesn't care!! Is Uverse the only option to get a quality product? Please tell the truth as I have had more than enough of Comast
Frequent Visitor

A note to all - My guess is AT&T is the only option!
New Poster

Just had this happen to me too. Xfinity downloaded some new software to my cable box on Sunday. Since then the app doesn't control remote. Something as simple as doing the "test" fails. Tried a completely fresh install. Nothing.
Official Employee

Tunneller & Rosebi,

Have you tried resetting you boxes like mentioned above?

Tattersall20,

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe - I appreciate it.

Frequent Visitor

I reset my box and modem last night, today it is working fine! Not sure why but thanks Joe and Comcast!
Regular Visitor

The newest version (1.14.1) of the TV Remote app is even more bug ridden than previous versions. It crashes when you try to do almost anything. change date in the listings screen? crash try to set a show to record? crash. and it does this on both an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4. consistently

Frequent Visitor

Update - Last night the TV with the new box started to work well with the app- could change channels....The other two TVs still push an error message when attempting to change the channels via the app.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe, but it has been quite a while and I have yet to be contacted by anyone.  Pretty disappointing.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast is in over their heads in this new technology, they DON'T know how to fix these multitude of repeating problems. As a electrical systems engineer , it is most obvious that the entire system is extreme my "buggy". My IOS worked about 2 months ago, and has since deteriorated to dead in the water. They send out service techs, but I feel its just a gesture, the field installers are not systems engineer ; it's beyond their scope. Comcast your system is broken, and I suspect you've been having a lot of internal rumblings over this.

Often typical in large mega-corporations, marketing has the upper hand over competency of technology. As long as the product sells and revenue is collected, tolerance of inadequate products is acceptable.

That's my 2 cents, I could be wrong, but I suspect not. Too bad, it's a good idea,but there's probably not enough smart people on staff to find all the bugs. Bet upper management still gets plenty of stock options none the less.
Frequent Visitor

Probably true, but the app is free to customers and is only costing them money.
Frequent Visitor

No you are missing the point, the app is to draw in customers, the cable boxes have had this capability all along, they just needed the proper software, firmware, and configurations to make it work.  Smart phone/tablet  development in the big Comcast world is small change.  So the system draws in more business, doesn't matter if its not ready for prime time.

New Poster

Agreed completely. I've been following this problem in forums online periodically for 8 months with zero solution. My iOS apps work real well with Apple TV and Netflix, Comcast is so far behind,trying to do too much.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation