Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV remote app is constantly crashing iOS 9.01

New Poster

TV remote app is constantly crashing iOS 9.01

We are new to Xfinity service.  (we had Uverse at our old home but it was not available at this address).  I am wondering if the Xfinity TV remote app always crashed frequently?  I am using the app on an iPad mini 3, updated to iOS 9.01.  I have been using it to manage my DVR and it crashes constantly.  Hoping for an update soon.

New Poster

Re: TV remote app is constantly crashing iOS 9.01

yes, it crashes all the time on my old iphone 5 & now iphone 6+.  I have IOS 9.0.1 on my phones.

Frequent Visitor

Crashes for me on 9.0.2 on my iPad

New Poster

Been using Xfinity tv remote app since it first appeared on my iPad. Worked fine until iOS 9. Time for Comcast to go into debug mode!

New Poster

Have you found a fix?

Regular Visitor

Been using it for years. Worked great. Upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and it's now worthless. Crashes all the time. 

New Poster

Yep crashes every time my wife touches the guide screen.  She is using the lates iOS (9.02 ??) on her air pad .  Until the latest iOS update she didn't complain so I assume it was working ok.  

Regular Visitor

I received an email stating " A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution. Topic: TV remote app is constantly crashing iOS", View the solution in the community.

Does anybody know where it is?

Frequent Visitor

I got that email too, and see no solution here.

Tweet the issue to @comcastcares https://twitter.com/comcastcares - though they didn't sound like they knew what was going on, they said they'd escalate the issue.

Regular Contributor

The solution that was posted was from 2 years ago and was not applicable to the current crashing issue.  I've tweeted and sent a direct message a couple hours ago and have heard nothing.

This is becoming a joke. . . . if you will look closely Comcast, I'm not laughing.

New Poster

Still crashing randomly when I touch the screen trying to select a show or channel.

New Poster

New update to iOS 9.1 today. Sunday October 25  

iPad 4 iOS 9.1

Xfinity tv remote still crashes. 

Come on COMCAST. 

This has gone on long enough. 

Are you trying to force X1 on us?

Regular Visitor

Constantly crashing for me too. Hope they fix it soon.

Frequent Visitor

Please also leave specific feedback about the crashing on the iTunes App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv-remote/id401629893?mt=8

New Poster

Does Comcast/xfinity monitor these forums and pay ANY attention?

Regular Visitor

I actually spent an hour on Chat with comcast See below. They sent me thru 4 levels until I finally got to somebody. So they actually know. After all this and deleting and reinstaling tha app..It still crashes..

IMG_0245.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, your chat log didn't get included in the message, but I feel your pain!

Regular Visitor

Sorry. I reposted it as jpeg and can now see it in IE, Firefox or Edge browsers. Hope you can too.

In a nutshell they said they needed to "refresh and reactivate" my account. Then I must delete and reinstall the app. The said they said it is a known issue and we needed to "sync" my account to new iOS.

Now the interesting part. There were other parts of the app that stopped working a few months ago. For instance the Record and Watch buttons at the top. The reinstall process fixed that, but not the crashing. I could be hallucinating, but thecrashing seems worse now 

New Poster

My DVR remote app crashes constantly as soon as I tap on a program to view or record, very frustrating! Please fix it!! 

Regular Contributor

Almost a week ago I posted on the Twitter page, ComcastCares, about this issue since I've had a ticket outstanding since September 23 with no response from Comcast.  Took 3 days for them to get back to me and saying they were having someone call me about the problem. So last night about 8:30 I got a call from someone telling me they were a 'higher level' support person.  Let me preface this by saying that over the years I have dealth with several high level Comcast Support folks and they have been very intelligent and conversant with the issues.  I can assure you that the gentleman who called me and claimed to be a high level support person was definitely not. This guy had NO knowlege of the problem or that there even was a problem.  I asked him a couple of questions, given to me previously by an actual high level support tech, and he failed to answer any of of them correctly. So far as I could tell he had no knowlegde of anything.

Comcast should be ashamed of passing this 'stunt'  off as "tech support" and insulting the intelligence of their customers.

New Poster

Using iOS 9.1 and can't get Xfinity TV remote app to stop crashing. Reset iPad and reinstalled app but nothing seems to stop the crashes. Should I just abandon the app or is there a way to fix it?

New Poster

You guys are funny.  Comcast does not have its own developers it was contracted.  Now they don't know what to do to fix it.. No source code.  

Frequent Visitor

Awww, Macgyver, I thought you figured out a way to make it work with chewing gum, a pretzel, and holding down the home and volume up keys at the same time.

New Poster

If the app was contracted out, I guess it's unlikely that Comcast will fix it! 

New Poster

I'm in the same boat as everyone else above. App keeps crashing and has become worthless. Comcast support is MIA.  Apparently Comcast is unaware that the customer experience is the new competitive battleground. The market forces will correct the imbalance in time.

Official Employee

A new release is expected in the next two weeks to fix this issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Of course it is. Like we'r e going to move to ... dial-up?

New Poster

Thx to comcastchad...software was updated and crashing seems to be fixed!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats