Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV listings

Frequent Visitor

TV listings

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to answer what seems to me a simple question.  To display the current level of "customer service" presented  by Comcast/Xfinity, I decided to ask the question in this forum.

There was a time when my TV listings displayed more than two hours of programs on one page.  I would like to be able to see a longer period ot time shown on one page--four hours would be ideal, but three would be a lot better than two.

There does not appear to be any way for me to choose an alternative to the two-hour period.

I foolishly attempted to pose my question in "live chat".  The first problem, of course, involves figuring out, which subject area should be chosen.  Although the question involves TV listings, those listings appear on the Xfinity TV internet site.  If "internet" is chosen, though, none of the sub-areas apply.  Ultimately, I chose a sub-area which did not apply, just to get started.

After identifying myself (a waste of time, because I already had logged on), I hit the "start chat" button, or whatever it's called.  A screen then displayed the statement that my chat would begin "shortly".  How long is "shortly"?  Good question, because some folks have posted complaints in these forums that they waited just less than an hour.  I gave up after ten minutes--to me, any amount of time more than ten minutes can't be described as "shortly".

Does anyone, including a Comcast/Xfinity employee, know the answer to my question?

Service Expert

Re: TV listings

I believe the answer to your question is "what you see is what you get".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: TV listings

jtmlxx wrote:

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to answer what seems to me a simple question.  To display the current level of "customer service" presented  by Comcast/Xfinity, I decided to ask the question in this forum.

There was a time when my TV listings displayed more than two hours of programs on one page.  I would like to be able to see a longer period ot time shown on one page--four hours would be ideal, but three would be a lot better than two.

There does not appear to be any way for me to choose an alternative to the two-hour period.

I foolishly attempted to pose my question in "live chat".  The first problem, of course, involves figuring out, which subject area should be chosen.  Although the question involves TV listings, those listings appear on the Xfinity TV internet site.  If "internet" is chosen, though, none of the sub-areas apply.  Ultimately, I chose a sub-area which did not apply, just to get started.

After identifying myself (a waste of time, because I already had logged on), I hit the "start chat" button, or whatever it's called.  A screen then displayed the statement that my chat would begin "shortly".  How long is "shortly"?  Good question, because some folks have posted complaints in these forums that they waited just less than an hour.  I gave up after ten minutes--to me, any amount of time more than ten minutes can't be described as "shortly".

Does anyone, including a Comcast/Xfinity employee, know the answer to my question?

Sorry about the failed chat - that's really frustrating. Another option in these situations that many customers aren't aware of is the XFINITY My Account app. From there you can click "Contact us" and schedule a call-back at your convenience. Few things are as valuable as a customer's time so Comcast is working hard to improve, but clearly we have a ways to go.

As for the TV Grid question... there are a number of concerns customers have expressed about the new Live TV grid, which is more geared around consuming content within the apps and portal but lacking in some of the planning capabilities of the former grid.  These include Favorite channels, grid search and a more compact way to view, among others. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and will be coming to XFINITY TV in an upcoming release. Grid search is available on apps but not yet on the portal. The compact grid should be available in early 2017, most likely only on the web portal due to small screen sizes of mobile devices.

Hope this helps and, again, sorry about the chat issues (though I doubt they would have been able to provide this level of detail Smiley Wink )

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation